Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In case anyone is lost here... this is what its all about

Options
  • 07-01-2002 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

quote:
    What started off as a group of disgruntled users complaining on ie.comp has grown into a well-organised lobby group of almost 1300 members. We have had meetings with the key players like Eircom, ODTR, Esat, and Mary O'Rourke and have maintained contact with them on a regular basis. As part of this, we have achieved extensive media coverage in the national press, IT magazines, both online and offline, and national and local radio. We are now recognised as the authoritative voice of the "ordinary internet user of Ireland".

This is what i came here for. But after reading several posts i am somewhat annoyed that this Foum has become a sounding board for all the Idiots that just want to troll, abouse and insult what Ireland Offline are trying to do. How can they express our opinions to the ODTR, Eircom, or anyone else for that matter if all they see is so called members doing this sorth of crap to them. This is just my opinion. But if people have taken the time to come in here, it should be to show some support for what Ireland Offline are trying to acheive. If ye dont like it go somewhere else!

Sorry for posting this twice but i feel its time to get rid of the trolls and people that just come here to abouse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

A lot of this recent disruption has been caused by one person in particular who's mental health could seriously be drawn into question. Ignore the noise and let the good people get on with their job.

[edit]I was talking about marcus, ms, phantom XP or whatever that nutter is calling himself at the moment. Also I wasn't trying to start a troll its already been proven in the last few weeks that the people who want to start fights will do so regardless. So we might as well just turn the other cheek and get out with the job. Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my first post[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

This is the sorth of stuff i am talking about! this could turn out to be a Troll becaouse of what you said! Nice one mate. I hope i am proved wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by Thorbar
    A lot of this recent disruption has been caused by one person in particular who's mental health could seriously be drawn into question.

Hmm... I think you'll have to be a bit more specific ;)

pete

See what i mean ? Dam ye! Please dont turn this into a troll :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

<Sigh>

Thought we had got rid of this crap.

Please, all you sane, sensible people out there, just ignore it.

Martin

• Advertisement

Christ Martin i hope that was not ment towards me ? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Probably a misunderstanding Manic. I'll try and sum up: We're done with the trolling and the flames, we're dealing with it. It doesn't need to be discussed any more.

Thanks,
    adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Originally posted by Manic
    Christ Martin i hope that was not ment towards me ? :(

No, Manic, I realise now your message was intended as a goodwill one to the committee, it's just that I have got a bit tired (and short tempered :() with this whole subject - as Adam says " It doesn't need to be discussed any more. "

Apologies - no offence meant and none taken I hope.

Martin

Advertisement