Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN, ADSL etc, etc

Options
  • 07-01-2002 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

To the people who tried out with Eircom I-stream have you got ADSL yet or are Eircom still stuttering over there so-called service???

We are well behind time, and were going backwards not forwards!!! I hear over at Ireland Offline that some company (not sure who it is) are going to realase flat rate internet access!!! Jesus we dont want that, although It would be handy if we weren't going to get ADSL for a long time (which it probally will). But why aren't they going forward not backward!!!

I cant stand 56k modems no longer.
    By the way how much is ISDN?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Tbh eircom are doing an ok job getting the exchanges upgraded for adsl, most of dublin has been upgraded, it goes at far as lucan which is 10 minutes from me :E. The only problem eircom have is their pricing, for more info look at the Ireland offline board, thats where this post should be.

ISDN is £99 for installation and £35 a month for line rental, then you got the price of the internet use which is the same as a phone call unless you have a gold account or one of those were as its slightly cheaper then. Eircom will offer you their ta card, i think its around £80 they will charge you for it which is terrible considering its a pants modem, if your going to get one get an asus off overclockers.co.uk, better price and a much much better ta card.

I think a mod should move this to the irelandoffline board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

While connections are all related to game playing, i think you will find that post isnt actually related to quake specificly.

...im waiting for a quake related reply or it goes bi-bi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

most of dublin has been upgraded

and what about the rest of us QUAKE players in the rest of ireland ?

Advertisement