Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heres a laugh

Options
  • 07-01-2002 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Heres a funny one...

Back when i had No Limits, Esat sent me out the application ya know, there was some stuff on it, if you wanted to sign up for the home phone service too, but they told me to cross that out. All was going well until the first phone bill arrived and had call charges for both internet and voice calls. We never signed anything, we never asked them to connect us only to the Internet (No Limits) We called Esat "customer care" after endless times of trying, they told us to call Eircom, blaming each other as they do, shifting me from person to person. Eircom told us that they were told to switch us over to Esat. We called Esat back and told them we didnt want anything to do with them and never asked for it, and werent gonna pay the bill, only got a reply of "ok". Called Eircom back to make sure we actually were moved from Esat, found out that we still havent been turned off, so we had to resort to writing to Esat because we couldnt get through to customer care. Heres the good bit...Its a pity i didnt record it at the time, an eircom customer care rep. told us that Esat uses "underhand tactics" to win over many of the home users. So very petty.. :) jus thot id bring that little story up hehe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Forgot to add that they still send us bills each month, totaling £0:00, i just dont get it, after calling them numerous times and having some rep telling us, "there wont be any more bills sent out".... some ppl just dont listen do they :P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

I had a simular experience with Esat, I won't go into the details of it but believe me it was messy. At the end of it all I now receive a bill from Esat every month (for the past 12 months) for -£29.00.
    (Yes that is a minus symbol) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask them to bill it to you Credit Card ..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

MUHAHAHAHAHA....

Here, use my one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cyphide

Thats a bit dodgy, every month I get a bill off them for £311 even though I cancelled my account and cleared the debt more than 6 months ago.
    Last month I rang up and they said there was no record of the cheque being cashed and this that and the other so my ma rang up (cos the cheque was in her name) and then they claimed they dont have a record but they did recieve the cheque.
    The cheque was cashed and the money taken out of the account within a week of it being sent.
    Dodgy eh?

• Advertisement

Honestly though, report them to the Direction of Consumer Affairs http://www.odca.ie/ and/or write to them and claim you will have them done for postal fraud.

its not only postal fraud, its postal spam, seeing that big Esat logo on my mail , i just bin it, or put it away should they try to claim something against me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

I got an odd entry on my Esat Fusion bill this month. I'm one of the Lucky Few who survived on No Limits. This month they charged me (ex VAT) the expected EUR20.99, and another 23 cent for Internet Calls (on-peak stuff). Right down below those two is a EUR26.72 charge for "Other Credits and Charges".

Even more odd is the total VAT on the bill was EUR4.24 - no VAT charged on "Other Credits and Charges".

I'm not signed up for anything bar No Limits, and I've never seen anything like it on my bill before. I contacted Esat about it immediately, but haven't had a response in the eight days since.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing before?

Ud better try and contact them again, and force an answer out of em, make them explain the charges to u. Ive never seen anything like that myself. Other services..hmm unless they took it on themselves to connect u their home phone service like they did on me heh, doubtful tho..not sure...:confused:

Hmmmm, maybe Esat (part of BT, a privatised utility) are using more and more UK systems and practices ... the UK, you know the country where sales people for gas companies (another privatised utility) sign up new customers that have been dead for 3 years....

• Advertisement

Maybe their charging you for services that dont exist and hoping u wont ask any questions :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

Esat have taken over 11 months to post me a cheque for £120 that they illegally withdrew from my account. My opinion of Esat is something i do not want to post here. But be warned Esat and Eircom both want to acheive the same thing. Rob us blind any way they can. So be carefull in your dealings with BOTH of them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

All I can say is go to NTL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

All I can say is go to NTL

Even they do it wheather u know it or not...sorry

Its a sad state where telcos have to resort to money grabbing tactics, i mean if they offered flat rate or broadband, at least they'd be offering something worthwhile our grabbing money, but they dont anything ... thats the whole point...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

My problem was solved. ESAT were moving to a new accounts system along side the euro changeover, and to execute this move they did a bit of fudging. They zeroed out all the account balances before moving them to the new system, then added the pre-existing balance back as a fudge when in fact it's actually 'Balance brought forward'.

They should have received my payment for that outstanding balance weeks before that move, but I've known them to be very slow in the past to recognise payments.

While i was with Esat, ive known them to take what they want out of my DD account , like £10 once, then £20 the next and so on, even when the bill was over £30.

Advertisement