Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds longest domain name

Options
  • 07-01-2002 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Those folks over at thelongestdomainnameintheworldandthensomeandthensomemoreandmore.com claim that their domain name is the longest in the world.

True?

What's that Welsh one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Thank god for bookmarks is all I can say!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

how bout llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch.com ?

and wonderdogfarleyfearlesslyfetchesworldrecordforlongestdomainname.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

2600 got there years ago:

http://www.reznor.com/news/2600-verizon.html

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

never mind that, i just registered the coolest domain name of all time

www.themoderninter.net

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

According to the Guinness book of records 2002 (which I got for xmas) it's the Welsh one. But hey, it's a mere book which is like non-digital and stuff so hey I dunno. It's a good read though especially if you're from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch and are 8 foot tall and have the worlds longest fingernails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Domain names can be up to 256 characters long correct ? So that means there can be many domain names to claim the longest domain name title.

However if you take into account the .com extension or whatever you could make it longer using .com.au or something like that. Maybe .info would do it.

Advertisement