Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

history of boards.ie q

• 07-01-2002 5:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I was just browsing the members list (don't ask), and I noticed that some members registered in 1995, but after that it shoots up to 1999, was boards taken down between 96 and 98?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

actually i just checked it, cloud registered 1-1-95 then eso registered 3-3-99 ,,, hmmm shudve put this post into bugs /suggestions doh:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

1.1.95 is the default date entered for people who registered before the changeover to ubb.
    on ubb the date was in as 0/0/0 or something.
    vbb didn't like this so it became 1/1/95

boards wasn't around as it is back in 95 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

when those members registered ubb didnt have a 'registered date' feature. their date was always blank. when vbb came along in all it's cloud themed glory, vbb placed 1/1/1970 in place of the blank date. then some problem forced cloud to change them to 1/1/1995.*

* - this may or may not be accurate.

Advertisement