Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 configs

Options
  • 07-01-2002 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am interested in q3 atm and i am looking for a config i can change to suit me. basically what i am looking for is graphics settings etc and maybe some cool binds...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

This is one of my older q3 configs from a far bit back. I'll upload my current one soon.

Anyway - http://www.quake.ie/mindphuck/configs/q3/mp.cfg

it'll get you by for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Imlad Morgul

cheers mp...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

http://www.boards.ie/members/sico/lsdsico.cfg

A reasonably recent version of mine (newer one has more complicated sensitivity switching)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Can you do that sico? have diffrent sense settings for diffrent weapons?

alias "gun1" "slot4;bind ENTER gun2;sensitivity 1.4"
    alias "gun2" "slot5;bind ENTER gun1;sensitivity 1.7"
    bind "enter" "gun1"

Presuming that slot4 was the rail gun and slot5 was the rpg, thats how it would work in half life i think, would something like that work for q3? Although that bind just flicks between the two weapons. I use it for flicking from RPG to Shotgun in TFC, was gonna do the same for q3, shotty is great in q3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

bind R "weapon 7; cg_fov 90; sensitivity 15; echo ^2Railgun ^7+ ^3fov: ^190 ^7+ ^4sensitivity 15;"

then do a similar thing for all your other weapon binds and change weapon binds so that they all have their own sensitivity. if you dont do that after you select "weapon 7" (railgun) the speed will stay at whatever you set it at in your rg bind.

the above one changes your fov to 90 so you are slighlty more zoomed in (assuming u have a "proper" fov like 110) for aiming. The echo bit just displays on the screen that you've selected a railgun with an fov of 90 and a sensitivity of 15. make sure you set the sensitivity for your other weapon binds and nextweapon/prevweapon binds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

My newer config is different, I have a high sens and low sens for each weapon, bound to mwheel. e.g. if i'm using machinegun, normal sens is 10, but that's for roaming - if I need more accuracy, I pull the mwheel down to halve the sensitivity, then mwheel up again to return to sens 10.

If you think that config is complicated, you should have seen one of the first versions of it, where i had one key to cycle between certain weapons (e.g. c for gauntlet and machinegun) and different sensitivities for either.

Advertisement