Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL or RADSL

Options
  • 07-01-2002 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I was recently at a couple of ISP sites and noticed RADSL, I dont know much about this technology but what cought my attention was the 5.5km reach from the exchange. Compare this to that of 3km on ADSL this RADSL seems far superior. I also noticed that this connection type is becoming pretty widespread in the US.

RADSL seems to be good on paper but I would be greatfull if anyone with any knowledge of these DSL connections to reply with a comparison of both.

ThanksRADSL 5.5km 3km

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

around a year ago, BT introduced a new form of adsl or a new modem or something anyway... that extended the 3km limit to 5.5km's. Maybe BT have some for radsl ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Yes, all adsl installs in the UK are RADSL for the last 7 months or so.

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

if BT can do it, is it only a matter of time before eircom does it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by ando
    if BT can do it, is it only a matter of time before eircom does it ?

Don't hold your breath. We could have said that when BT introduced ADSL........:(

Advertisement