Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revs

Options
  • 07-01-2002 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

"Starring all the Den favourites DUSTIN, SOKY, DAMIEN McCAUL, SNOTSER, ZUPPY, AUNT MONICA and special guests THE REVS, the Olympia Christmas panto features singing, dancing, magic and acrobatics with fun and laughs for all the family. " - arseholes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaaa.

Poor poor Revs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

Ah grow up ya sap!! Ya dont have to go to the panto if ya don't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i don't know what your on about monkey i mean you can't relly speak thats like years old news and until you look at your own work maybe stop judging others work be it good or bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Judging Others?

Oh no he isn't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Never mentioned their music, I'm just laughing at the fact that they are in the panto, which is usually something the latest Louis Walsh creation does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    Its been an awful year just like 2000 with little quality filtering through to our ears.

Wish Radio stations and websites wold hav more opinions and not just pandering to peoples awful tastes.

Was'nt the renaissance a break from the past re-birth new beginning inventive creative.

Ireland is far from that, its all been done and until you realise that what your seeing is nothing new you'll do something about it.

Man you dont dissapoint. First I thought you were ignorant for this comment you made on the Irish music scene a while ago...now I think you're a hypocrite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Raggamuffin, please don't be reactionary for the sake of it. Pick your side and fight to the death for it like a true Muskateer! Only when you have done this shall I award you with your commission to fight in the King of Frances' own personal gaurd.

The Revs decision to do panto is actually the long dangerous road into the forrest of the evil Witch (or Wicca to be PC) known as Credubility D'Estroyed and her wicked step mother known as Careerdeath. They're behind you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Listening to Phantom last night night, Jack Highland's show (I could be wrong, before certain people start sniping) he played some Monty Python, the skit with G Bernard Shaw, Oscar Wilde etc ( David Kitt in his former life!?) and the quote that stands out in light of this post is...

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about"

and so the skit goes......and so rolls The Revs profile campaign.

Who in Ireland doesn't know who they are at this stage?.....I'm sitting on the fence here and don't want to start bashing anyone but no matter what you think of them publicity is publicity and it "appears" to be working for them.

I'll put it this way if I could raise the profile of Gigsmart doing something else I'd probably give it a shot (within reason)...Any offers hahaha!

Back to Front, I'll remember not to get into a heavy debate with you ...very sharp, I like it !!

All the best - Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Must admit, I don't know much about the Revs music, but I saw them at Witnness and they are tight and enjoy what they are doing and they are a hard working band. I'm not rushing out to buy their album or anything, but I admire the hard work, and publicity is hard work. Whether it be big balloons at Witnness, stickers on every pole in Dublin or a Panto, it doesn't matter, at least they got off their arses and chased the dream everyone else on this board wants. I say hats off to them, now don't be so jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

I think their cover of Turning Japanese is quite good.

• Advertisement

Actually, that's the one reason why I'll curse them, we wanted to cover that song ages ago. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I think for the type of crowd they want to attract its dangerous to appear uncool though.

Da kids can be vicous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by mixer007
    they are tight and enjoy what they are doing and they are a hard working band. I admire the hard work, and publicity is hard work. I say hats off to them, now don't be so jealous.

hmm. you could say the same thing about westlife, but i still think they should be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

whos cares i was going to write something worthwhile here,

I personally don't post often for the very reason that mostly its pointless.

Monkey should lok at his reviews on his website more often thats all i was getting at.

And anyways i really could'nt care what happens in irish music it will have no effect on my life as i have no interest in chasing aroudn ireland looking for the next big thing out of ireland.
    I listen to my music and i llove my music.
    I'll carefully step down as critic for the moment and leave you all to your opinions as i think mine is unwelcome as i appear hypocritical.(which i am dreadfully sorry for and it was just a mistake)

well yeah whatever

The difference between the Revs and Westlife is, the Revs can actually play music, play their intruments. As I said before, I'm not a huge Revs fan or anything, but I don't understand why so many people hate them. What have they done wrong? Yeah, I know there are loads of other bands, unsigned in Ireland, that are better than the Revs, but what can the Revs do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

but mixer! singing and dancing is an instrument. sort of!
    i actually (embarassingly enough) knew bryan mc fadden and he is very talented (at what he does, which i dont particularly like singing wise. he was a great dancer). but he's also a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

let the revs do what they want.
    if they go into a panto,so what?
    they're getting their name around,and i bet them and Mr.Stevenson are loving all the attention.

they do appear to have fun...too much ,means people will say*yah do whatever i m off*

the revs.
    who gives a post?
    the people that hate tehm.
    wired to the moon was a catchy pop-rock song
    we all know that

there last one was tripe/drivel.
    you're all dictators.

Originally posted by Gar_ptc
    the revs.
    who gives a post?

em, everyone who replied here? which would include yourself.
    remember that a lot of the opinions stated here are just that: opinions. so you thought 'wired to the moon' was a catchy song. i didn't. it plagued me. it followed me and entered my dreams. it was played all the time and i couldn't escape. that's not 'catchy', that's evil.

"they do appear to have fun...too much ,means people will say*yah do whatever i m off*" who's saying that? who are they? and why are they saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

please tell me this is not going to be yet another jj72-esque debate that goes on for aeons, á-la the old message board?? please???!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by o sleep

so you thought 'wired to the moon' was a catchy song. i didn't. it plagued me. it followed me and entered my dreams. it was played all the time and i couldn't escape. that's not 'catchy', that's evil.

oh yes! i agree with you completely. i hadnt listened to phantom for ages, and then i tuned in, and i heard the songs a few times, and i thought it was ok, and an irish band, so when i walked by a golden discs one day and saw it for 2.99 (i should have guess by the price ;)) i decided to buy it

but its still at home on my windowsill in the brown paper golden discs bag it came in, yet to be opened...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I seem to remember a certain 'louis Walsh' holding auditions for a "rockish" band a while ago. Could the revs be this band? Maybe not but it does look a bit sinister. IS HE BEHIND THE REVS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

No Rob Stephenson is behind the Revs!!!

Originally posted by o sleep

"they do appear to have fun...too much ,means people will say*yah do whatever i m off*" who's saying that? who are they? and why are they saying that?

cos they'll become self absorbed;and wont realise that no-one else is haveing fun...
    a thin line.

by saying who gives a post;im saying that people here might not like the revs but its fun to dislike them;
    who gives a dam?
    no one.
    but everyone gives a post.
    yeah?
    only one person on the board might understand me.

email me to get my album....;)

mixer and beany;
    you will never plug as shamelessly as I,
    if you disagree mail me your adresess,ill send you an album,then we'll see...
    *plug*

Gar, what's your email address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pudding

There is alot of Jealous people out there. Dont worry,be happy

Originally posted by pudding
    There is alot of Jealous people out there. Dont worry,be happy

again, the same thing could be said about people who slag off westlife. what's the difference? that the revs can play guitars? that they write their songs? this would of course be valid were their songs not third rate blink182 bubblegum punk-pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Ah sure let them have their fun. I mightn't like the way they do things (or whos behind them!) but feck it. A top 20 single,a rake load of gigs, and an album are a hell of a lot further then most bands will ever get the chance to go.
    And the album isn't too bad either. If you dislike something that much then just ignore it. It aint that hard NOT to go to a gig or turn the radio off for 2 and a half minutes when the stuff is being played. Theya re a band who write their own songs, and play their own instruments. There's a hellofa lot worse out there.
    *Personal opinion, I think The Revs are good band. Not a great band though*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

"The difference between the Revs and Westlife is, the Revs can actually play music, play their intruments. As I said before, I'm not a huge Revs fan or anything, but I don't understand why so many people hate them. What have they done wrong? Yeah, I know there are loads of other bands, unsigned in Ireland, that are better than the Revs, but what can the Revs do about that." - mixer007

ya see you're missing the point, it's not a personal thing, i'm sure the nicest people who are completely musically untalented wouldn't pass up an offer like what the revs got. but the point is, they got it, and they didn't deserve it. we're not persecuting the revs as people, we're persecuting the revs as a concept. now, if i meet them and they don't admit that they're a mediocre side show, as a lot of mediocre side show type dublin bands have the disillusionment that they're the next beatles (may i make an example of a band called vinyl, you may not have heard of them, they walk around like liam gallagher ):rolleyes: or jj72, who, in an interview, when they were asked, "do you think you deserve where you are now?" they said , "YEAH DEFINATELY". jj72 were the lucky frog saved from the jar of pickles, and so too as the revs. what STILL astounds me is how competent (or seemingly so) people ACTUALLY PAY to see the revs. i want to cuddle them, poor misguided folk, MAKE THEM SEE!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

Originally posted by pugwall
    I seem to remember a certain 'louis Walsh' holding auditions for a "rockish" band a while ago. Could the revs be this band? Maybe not but it does look a bit sinister. IS HE BEHIND THE REVS?

no. i cant remember the name of that "rock band" crafted by loius. but, funnily enough, i was asked to contact him about it by one of his scouts years ago. i didn't.

by the way, gar, nobody is as shameless a self promoted as me. however, i realise that promoting on this could only lead to trouble. heh;)

• Advertisement

Advertisement