Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Cheers Gar.
    Jonny, appreciate your point and I'm not getting into an argument when I don't know enough about the subject, but I still don't see the problem. There are always going to be mediocre bands, and the Revs from the songs I have heard are just that. I guess what I don't get is the fact that the Revs have only gotten a little air play and a top 20 hit, So what! It's not like they are going to be the next big thing. I reckon they're just a small band that will be in the memory in about 3 years, nothing to get to pissed off about. It's not like they've broken into England or the US, then I might actually get a little sour over it. I probably get slated for this, but please be gentle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by jonny
    "The difference between the Revs and Westlife is, the Revs can actually play music, play their intruments.

i dont agree when people say things like this. should we think badly of anybody who cant play an intsrument? thats crap. see, im not a fan of either of the bands, but i ahve a bit more respect for westlife as even though i dont like their music, its obvious they can actually sing. whereas i couldnt say that about the revs. westlife have far more to back up how succesful they are then the revs do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

If one of the revs saw all this they'd feel absolutley great about themselves. "wow" they'd say, "Rob's done a good job", and so he has. Even if he's stepped over a few folk to get The Revs this talked about. I once read an article on how savage some people can get in fighting to make their way to the exit doors of a crashed and burning airplane. Hence Rob; the first out. Fairplay. I only hope they get to go stateside and play to people who like their brand of music and appreciate them. The lads are good enough to make it. My only fear is, Rob is'nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

ok, by the way this post is going, i guess this isn't good time to say i went to see them at tower today. i'm not saying that there either good nor bad, i just happened to be in tower records. for a few hours. and i had a decent time.

well, there goes my reputation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I too were at tower, i too enjoyed it, i too bought the album, i too was disappointed with it.

The Revs, i'm affaid to say only do it for me as a live act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭The Evil Monkey

yes i thought they were good in Tower, yes i bought the album, no i haven't listened to it (whoops) but they dont piss me off and theyre not my fav. i can see how people both hate/like them. i have to agree with francie brady, they were good live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Can we end this now.

We can always forget the Revs and have a game o'tag...

The Doors - The End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Offspring - The END of the line

the travelling willburies - The end of the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Although I'd like to see this thread finished and at the bottom of the heap I might point out that Louis Walsh got his hands on the front man from "Blew" (irish band) and set him to be the new front man for his up and coming "rock project" or some such thing.

The press mentioned something about him being the next Mick Jagger.
    I believe Blew were a Treasure Island project and legal complications ensued as to whether he could persue Walshes project. Since then I have heard little.
    Maybe Louis went with his theory that Rock'n'Roll's dead?
    ('scuse the pun)

I may stand corrected

mmmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i quite liked the version pinion have done of the song
    "hired by a ****ing spoon"

Advertisement