Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chilli Peppers play 25th June

Options
  • 07-01-2002 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Great news! Red Hot Chilli Peppers are playin in Lansdown Road on the 25th June tickets go on sale the 18th of January!

Check the Chilli's site for more!!!

Excellent - memories from slane still linger in my mind!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by nasty_crash
    Excellent - memories from slane still linger in my mind!!!!

Rub it in why don't you ;)

now .. where's my anti-slane-taunt-shotgun gone :D

On-topic though, any mention of ticket prices?? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

there is talk that they will be priced around €40 which doesnt seem to be too bad!! There class live and i don't care how much they are! i'l pay it easily!

P.S. sorry for the slane remark! its just it was that damm good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by nasty_crash
    P.S. sorry for the slane remark! its just it was that damm good!!

CHA-CHINK*cocks shotgun* :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I shall most definitly be there - they were absolutly marvelous at Slane and I am looking forward to hearing Flea sing our fair national anthem again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

ahem...
    YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D:D:D:D ahem...

Should more than make up for Slane!

Better get the sleeping bag out... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Just something that happened yesterday regarding the chilli's at lansdowne road.

I found out in the yesterday morning (Sunday) that tickets were on sale on ticketmaster.ie. So the tickets were actually there when l logged on and I could buy online. They were priced between €45-55. But when I went into buy them the cheapest I could get online was about €57 including booking fee. That works out at about £46ish punts.

Isn't that a bit steep for the chillis???

Checked ticketmaster.ie this morning and you cannot buy them.
    So they must have accidently put them up yesterday and taken them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

its a bit steep for any gig! i only paid £41 for slane last year!! and it was a whole day! but from 6pm till bout 11 for around £45 (€58) is a bit much! I still would love to see RHCP! The thing is that includes a €5 service charge! if you buy them in the shop then you should get them for bout €50 which is bout £40 which isn't all that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

dont talk about steep, everyone and their uncle who play in Ireland, seem to increase the prices as they years go by.

example - metallica in 92 at the point - 15.50 for a standing ticket
    four years later tickets were £20 for standing
    and then two years ago - they were, erm, a lot more then £20

so

whatsupwiddat?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

sv_rant 1
    I woulda had a much better chance of getting my ticket to slane if Bono and his cursed pack of pnced up troupeadors were'nt there.
    F3ck. Every quasi-'patriotic' mup (and genuine fan) scrambled for the 'homecoming' gig. I was sickened. I've hit a serious cashflow crisis. I'm getting about €2000 next week (big overdue paycheck) and it's killing me cos I would've had it this week, on time for the tickets, except for some bungling with euros in work. :(

sv_rant 0

cl_heartfeltplea 1
    Anyone want to spot me the cash to get a ticket? I'd have it by next week or whenever he/she/misc is around Galway.

cl_heartfeltplea 0

RHCP. Jah. I likes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Tickets are on sale as of last night definately, friend of mine got his last night, I got mine today, and I'm hearing they were on sale as early as last friday........ this might be common knowledge but I know that all my mates were expecting them to go on sale tommorrow morning, was just a stroke of luck that we discovered they were already on sale locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

50 euros is a joke. i'm not a fan of the chilis but if any band i like came over and charged that amount i wouldnt be too impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

saw the ad in the irish times for the concert and thought about going with a few mates, but realised its the day after my debs. gonna give it a miss for now :rolleyes:

bad me

Advertisement