Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad news for powernet

• 07-01-2002 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

a friend of mind got powernet in today and he was tlod he would be the last home user they take on from now on they will only be accepting business users at a cost of £80 a month.so bad news for all non powernet users

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

something like this had to happen really.. Chorus is too pathetic and badly run to provide any sort of decent service over a long term.

Only thing you have to ask yourself now is... how long will it be before they start telling their residential users that they will be discontinuing their service to provide more of their bandwidth to the business users... said it before, I'll say it again - Chorus are pathetic. Their rollout is pathetic, their digital TV service is pathetic and overall... I hope something nasty happens to their equipment store in Limerick!

I'm not bitter... not at all *twitch*

Choices for broadband in ireland in Jan 2002
    1. ADSL if you live in a specific area of Dublin and are lucky enough to score a place on a trial.
    2. Powernet if you live in a specific area of Limerick or Dublin and are prepared to pay for a business package.

is it going to get any better? not bloody likely... thats my weekly rant overwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unstable

Originally posted by rymus
    Choices for broadband in ireland in Jan 2002
    1. ADSL if you live in a specific area of Dublin and are lucky enough to score a place on a trial

wrong, eircom have stopped taking on residential users for their adsl trial. I finally got my new phone line installed, and was hoping to get onto the trial, but ... 'I'm sorry, we have met our quota for the adsl trial for residential users'.... Bloody Bithch'sssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Unstable

wrong, eircom have stopped taking on residential users for their adsl trial. I finally got my new phone line installed, and was hoping to get onto the trial, but ... 'I'm sorry, we have met our quota for the adsl trial for residential users'.... Bloody Bithch'sssss

which is why I said "If you are lucky enough to score a place on a trial".

Advertisement