Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville

Options
  • 08-01-2002 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

I've watched the first two episodes on C4, they're pretty good!
    Its coming to Network 2 soon aswell i think.
    I predict big things for this show.

What do ye think?

PS: Lana Lane is nice. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Yeah I have to admit, I started to watch it on Channel 4, by pure accident, in my post New Year flicking. And to be honest it was great - wasnt as cheesy as the "New Adventures of Superman". Looking at it from an outside perspective, its seemingly more violent then the movies or NAoS ever was.

2 Classic moments for me were

Lex Luthor running Kent off the bridge - nice !
    Lex and dear old daddy fencing - couldnt all world problems be solved like this????

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I thought it was surprisingly good.

Apparently its massive in the states. I'm expecting good things too.

I liked the way the asteroid has affected the town and its turning out to be a holding area for mutated freaks.

Lex Luther is cool in a camp slimy sort of way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Yah Superman is a pansy in the new adventures.

Lex is a dude and the fencing was good, but didnt think he was camp tho.....
    I always thought that Lex was supposed to be an orphan?

As for the bits of kryptonite all over the place, im sure it'll create some good baddies. Hopefully not too buffy like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

Yeah i give it a thumbs up. They play really cool music too, heard stereophnics playing on episode 1. Kelly brook is in episode 9 for all u guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

nice.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i was suprised to enjoy it myself, as i expected it would just be another crap show with SUPERMAN in there someplace.

i liked the idea of baddies popping up all over the place, like the episode with that guy that adopted all the characteristics of different bugs.

i like the skinhead approach to lex, makes him seem even more suspicious

Lex_Luthor2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

About time they made a decent one, could be up there with buffy and the likes, time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It seems like a good show alright. Saw it on E4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I saw the first two episodes as well. Looks good. Was Lana Lane in Buffy as a robot girlfriend at one stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Funny you mention it, just happen to flick over on Sunday and seen a bit of the robot girfriend one - looked very familure to but couldn't place her so I think your right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I can't believe you guys were watching the same thing I was watching. It's very well made and it looks great but the script was terrible. There's been 3 episode and already 3 baddies of the week and they were all terribly stereotyped. A bullied kid out for revenge, a fellow student who's inherently unstable and is obsessed with strange things like bugs and the female lead, and a football coach bent on winning at all costs. All with highly unoriginal powers too I might add which had been done in the x-files and other shows.

What bothered me even more from last weeks episode was how unrealistic the other characters react to the given situations. Coach uses krytonite encrusted rocks in the sauna room and doesn't seem to care what the green crystals are and then totally ignores the green steam. When he starts setting things on fire with his mind, he never questioned it and accepted it too readily. When that reporter student was trapped in the fire, she doesn't seem to cop on to the fact that Clark Kent went from the fields to her office in a spit second, and she's the smart chick. And there's a huge amount of green meterorite crystals laying around with no geographical society picking them up. Like what? A major meterorite storm that killed lots of people and no one came to investigate? Who ever is making it has lots of cash to make it look good but are incredibly lazy on the details.

And you can see miles away how the relationships between the main characters are going to play out. Hardly comparable to Buffy which is much more creative and was made with a much much lower budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

hmm.. when is this on? this is the first I've heard of it, sounds interestingly dire..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I was okay, not great. Also, I'm pretty sure lana lang was not the robot girlfreing(almost certain).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Chubby, it's like Buffy. Like how can a teacher in a school eat a load of students and no one notice? :)

As for Lex bald. Lex according to the comics has always been bald and afair it was clark that cause his baldness. Also the orginal comics Lex and Clark where school chums.

It's ok, a bit like dawsons creek with super freaks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

ive just seen it on network2 (those new banners really work DeVore). it seems like a cross between Buffy, X-Files, Dawson's Creek and Ally McBeal. i've added Ally McBeal because of the sex kitten Lana Lang looks very similar to Lucy Lou. :)

adnans

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Naw can't say I like it myself. Then again I'm not a fan of Buffy (or US crap that it's trendy to like) and I didn't think there were mobile phones in Superman's schooldays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by adnans
    (those new banners really work DeVore).

..yea they do :D , handy.

I only recorded it though, and went out... rang home later and got meine mutter to record "grass" instead (woody harelson (sp?) narrated marijuana show).... everyone I spoke to in the "real world" said smallville was sh!te anyway.

I'll catch it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

My banner worked, you were right Hobbes!

Erm, well I think that there is a glaring problem with the 1-D villains every week, but it's the other sub stories between the main characters that are interesting. I think the Lex character is going to develop nicely, there will be an interesting flash forward to the future in one of the later episodes where we see Lex at full potential. Also, it's the kind of thing that could develop into a future Superman series "Metropolis" ;) in a few years if it continues at the current level of popularity.

www.smallvilleledger.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

That show sucks.

Its full of rip off's from the X-files and Buffy and another thing if this is about Clark Kent's childhood how come its set in modren times, that guy with the bug obsesion had a Papa Roach poster in his room and all the cars are pretty modren. Its a poor atempt to steal Buffy fans. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Podge

There are boards for all the smallville fans to check out, not saying you should leave these boards, but they got some cool SV topics.
    http://boards.warnerbros.com/web/embed/topics.jsp?board=Smallville+Torch

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by de5p0i1er
    That show sucks.

Its full of rip off's from the X-files and Buffy and another thing if this is about Clark Kent's childhood how come its set in modren times, that guy with the bug obsesion had a Papa Roach poster in his room and all the cars are pretty modren. Its a poor atempt to steal Buffy fans. :mad:
    They always do that. The Superman continuity has been reset at least three of four times in the comics and all the shows are set in the the time they are made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Draco
    They always do that. The Superman continuity has been reset at least three of four times in the comics and all the shows are set in the the time they are made.

hopefully, this time, they will do it right. :)

adnans

Advertisement