Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there Jobs in America?

• 08-01-2002 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Doing the student J1 Visa to America. Probably a bit early but I am looking for a job(summer) in America(obviously), Boston or California perfered.

I said I'd try here before printing,stamping and mailing a couple of hundred CVs.

Anything considered, but something in computers, hardware or software would be top of the list.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The jobs picture in the States has been tighter for about a year with 4 factors

Dot.com failures
    Cost consciousness on the part of businesses
    Recession
    Post September 11 cautiousness

However, there are always jobs available in the US, it is simply a matter of what you are willing to do and for how much. Traditionally, job mobility is much greater in the States than it has been here. However, I can't really comment on individual circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If I was able to get a job in America, I'd move there... lock stock, the f**king lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well I'll be happy if I get a job for 3-4 months, not looking for a 3 year contract just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Apparently congress will give corps tax breaks if they hire and reinvest in their business to stimulate the ecomony.
    Hopefully a growth year and an end to the damn recession thats killing us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by chernobyl

Hopefully a growth year and an end to the damn recession thats killing us all.

what recession?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

what recession?

remember that one last year?

Advertisement