Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

klingons ships

• 08-01-2002 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

eh, is that a k7 in one of the first 11 eps, the one which has holo tech in it

if so, how long realistically is this model of klingon ship gonna stay in service???

It was in the klingon - federation war in ds9 so obviously it mustav been in the dominion war aswell.

Wierd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol I was wondering about that myself, I was going to rationalise it by saying "well they refitted the excelsior" but the excelsior came later, much later, to keep a ship over that kind of time period is a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

ya i agree, i mean the romulans traded their cloaking device for the plans of that ship, and they dont use them no more!

maybe the producers just ran out of models:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

one could argue that they simply refitted the inside, left the external as is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

maybe theres a smell of old musty blood from really old past battles that really gets the klingons going?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

watching enterprise on the 29th and this appeared....
    epguide-105-14.jpg

this is the same design right up to the fed/dom war....
    wtf?

Either that its the most adaptable design in history or some one is not being bothered to think up new models,

nostalgic..... its great....
    reality.......... its confusing

but then again its fiction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I believe the original BoP we see is a D7 class (I seem to remember hearing that somewhere), but there's a reasonably detailed thingy here that might help.

[edit]Actually, look at the opening sequence of VOY Series 7 Episode 14 ("Prophecy") is where I saw it - just watching it now :D[/edit]

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Just watched Episode 14 of Enterprise - "Sleeping Dogs" - and this rotates around a "Raptor class" Klingon scout, if anyone's interested...

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Actually that raptor class ship looks cool

wonder how much crew they normally have from the looks of it about 10 or 11, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that close to the crew compliment of a Bird of Prey in TNG / DS9 well maybe 1/2.

lol some kind of "photon thorpedo's" ????:rolleyes: They'll never catch on;)

Advertisement