Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise !!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

yeah, but thats not really winning the argument, that just distracts everyone and makes it a draw.

And i want to win goddamn it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ok i only read the first 2 pages on this one so im probably missing something or it may have been said.. in which case tough.. im going to repeat it anyway..

Why is it that people who like Startrek in this thread seem to hate other sci-fi, even like DS9 but hate Voyager? They are not all that different.. and they tended to change from season to season.. so the last few Voyager seasons were great.. same with DS9...

Oh and im certainly missing something.. where did this thread get all weird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by Saruman
    ok i only read the first 2 pages on this one so im probably missing something or it may have been said.. in which case tough.. im going to repeat it anyway..

Why is it that people who like Startrek in this thread seem to hate other sci-fi, even like DS9 but hate Voyager? They are not all that different.. and they tended to change from season to season.. so the last few Voyager seasons were great.. same with DS9...

Oh and im certainly missing something.. where did this thread get all weird?

the only good thing about voyager was borg.
    and janeway who doesnt trust anyone to do anything and has all the good ideas.i hate her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by Saruman

all the main characters in voyager,with the exception of doctor,irritate the living crap out of me.which is why i hate that series.
    the last few seasons may indeed have been very good,but i never watched them,due to hating all the characters and all.

like the sap, harry kim:

"no no sever of nine, please don't get naked and learn about you sexuality with me, aggh"

<mark throws harry into an airlock>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I am not a trekkie admittadly, but I still love Next Generation. I didn't have the patience for the continuing single story-line thing of DS9 and Voyager and Classic just plain sucked.

But I like Sci-Fi... well... the good stuff. Which, to be honest, I really never get around to reading anyway... And I still haven't seen Babylon 5 (I've promised myself that in first year college i'm gonna sit down for a week and not get up until i've watched the 5 years in one). :(

But alas, Voyager had one main failing.. it tried to be geek by doing Star Trek things... but also tried to be mainstream (more shooty and commando like than most Star Treks + sexy lady -7 NOT janeway!). Plus the acting was bad. Even for star trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

The Next Generation was and is the best. DS9 started out really sh!te but eventually became very good but a lot of people didn't give it a chance because of how bad the earlier stuff was. And Voyager just plain sucked. Except a small few episodes. Still... 7 of 9...

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Voyager had some great ones even before the Borg.. the 2 parter when they went back in time to earth after a time ship and turned out the 20th century computer revolution came when an entrepreneur found the time ship (29th century) and used it to make computer stuff..

it's a sad day: i just cant watch enterprise it's so bad - i can watch voyager even thought i hate it but enterprise just makes me feel sick.

it's fallen foul to the standard american "pick a random setting and uses standard story lines" syndrome. theyve used schools, layewer, police, firemen, hospitals, and now our beloved sci-fi has been taken over

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

"pick a random setting and uses standard story lines"

Yes a great idea, almost as good as employing monkeys with type writers- oh wait..

• Advertisement

"they were the best of times, they were the blurst of times"

Mr. Burns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

"You stupid monkey!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement