Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sudden strike

Options
  • 08-01-2002 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

ive started playing this gem of a game recently but as always i have been confused about the gameplay and startegy to take when playing. since its a very realistic game its very hard to finish a map (the computer is too smart).

does anyone got any tips or strategies which can help me to play this wonderful game?

adnans

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Cheat ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

But seriously,

I have found the best tactic to be (when playing as allies):

If the Germans have some (long range) field guns (scout forward with an officer in a jeep), do a quick attack with infantry in jeeps (don't use tanks, these will destroy them) and try and capture a few.
    Once you get a hold of a German field gun or two you should be able to slowly bombard everything in site (use an officer as he can see further than normal infantry).
    You will need to move your sapper trucks up to the gun positions to replenish ammo.

Another gun capture tactic would of course be a sniper, however, I think jeeps are more effective as snipers are too slow moving (especially when crawling) and usually get shelled.

If you can capture mortars (unfortunately unmovable) you have a very strong defensive position.
    Warning: do not attack mortars with infantry, use fast moving armoured vehicles only (but not tanks).

Hope this is of some assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

thanks Samson. its always the long range weapons that destroyed my troops and tanks.

i've been messing with the tactic of moving my long range cannons to where they can hurt the axis army, but i can never defend them if they decide to assualt, destroying my long range hopes.

its one of the most rewarding games if you got the patience and skills (which i terribly need) :)

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I saw this game in the shops,but i thought it was a FPS,by the sound of you 2 its a stragie,which is it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

its an RTS, strategies dont come any real then this.

adnans

• Advertisement
Advertisement