Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBLive and ViaChipset

• 09-01-2002 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

Arrgggg..

Having fuked up my Kt7aRaid, bought a new one(was urgent.. am not rich!).. inserted pci cards in same order and used a ghost of the old machine... Sound card producing no Joy :( is detected and no errors are thrown when i try to play anything but am getting nothing through either the headphones or the speakers..

Has anyone any suggestions..??

Cheers
    (And thanks to the replies from the last one Creed etc..:))

lph

Abit kt7a-Raid,
    1.2 Ghz T/B
    512MB RAM
    SBLIve Platinum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Check the volume on your PC, and your speakers (including Wave Balance)
    Check to see if the sound card has been detected (should have speaker in lower-right corner of screen, on the start bar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Digital output only?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

There is an issue with via chipsets but it does not stop your sound from playing.

I use to get no sound when I had one if I had the digital output only ticked in vol - so check it out.

And reply to my mails you gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

put the speaker thingy in the light green slot thingy instead of the black one, dodgy aint it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Cheers.. for the replies..
    Don't know what's going on.. getting output from digital but not from analogue.. speakers may be fuked.. as digital is defo not ticked....

EvilGeorge...what you on about??

lph

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

All my problems seemed to go away on my kt7a-raid when I disabled the raid controller in the BIOS, not windows. So if you aren't using Raid then disable it. Then again you probably are.

Advertisement