Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inventory tracker

Options
  • 09-01-2002 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

my brother has a video shop in holland so i'm doing a website for him, so that people can order online. I have the website working fine in PHP, but theres one problem... when someone orders a video, theres no way of telling if its out of stock.

I'm not great at coding and stuff, but does anyone know a way around this, preferrably a ready-made script?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

you'll have to make a database that gets updated by the shop at regular intervals (if the shop already has somesort of database on a computer system then you could automate this). Then you'll just query that database to see if the video is in or out of stock. Not sure of any ready made script that would do this for you ... it could be quite tricky ...

Advertisement