Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ISDN TA?

• 30-08-2000 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

Lads I've just joined the ISDN gang. Havent got a TA tho. Ive heard the Asuscom is THE ta to have but the yoke is 65 STG to import! and the Eicon is NEARLY as good but is available here. Anyone had these decisions to make and found a good solution? HELP !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Dave talk to MP. I have both the Asuscom and the Eicon Diva Pro in 2 seperate systems and I find there performance to be equal but the Asuscom is loads cheaper than the Diva Pro(not sure how much the Diva std. is) Talk to MP anyway I think he might be able to help you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive just joined ISDN since last Friday and got an Eicon Diva 2 TA with it (£26) from Dell. Ive only tried UK servers for Quake 2 and CS but the pings rock using this TA at least with Buy and Sell anyway.. Pings are working out at between 35 to 80 on nearly all the servers. Pity i cant use my ESAT anymore as I dont have an analogue port but hopefully no worries next week if NTLs ISDN flatrate turns out to be true smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye i got the eircon diva and im connecting to english servers for q1 at pings ranging from 40-90 q2 pings around 60 and quake 3 60-130

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

M1ke - Insight are quoting £35 delivery to Eire and adding VAT ;/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yep, the ISDN migration (hi-speed) box has built-in POTS, so no need for a TA with analogue ports. (Handy if you want to use a modem for snl)

I've an Eicon Diva and I get shweet pings to irish Q3 servers (got fluctuating 25 ping to vishnu, adjusted my settings for a 48 ping rock solid connect.

£70 in IT direct if memory serves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

OL, An asuscom without POTS (analogue ports for telephones, modems etc..) Is a lot cheaper and I think this new High Speed yoke has built in POTS, Illkillya mentioned something about it being able to take analgoue devices straight into the ISDN box ... So you mightn't have to get one with POTS... and it's also a lot cheaper this way. It means it's £20.99 + £25 delivery, insight.com don't do you for VAT either... making it £46 stg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Where might one get a hold of a decent TA ( and I do not know about ye, but I am going to be old fashioned and not trust the internet with my money biggrin.gif ) and what kind of specs would I ask for? Compustore would have the Eicon yes? The TA Eircom gave me is a loathesome piece of **** and I get ping of about 170 - 300 all the time. As I have been told many times, thats disgraceful. So when I walk into my local computer Shop looking for the best Terminal Adapter they have, what will I ask for?

P.S: Sorry to bring up this old thread and any opinion is, as ever, appreciated.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Either get an asus or an eicon diva. One or the other. Ignore the rest. Eicon is available in ireland. IT direct I think, thats on parliament street. Or order an asus from scan.co.uk or dabs.co.uk I got mine from dabs, they have a secure order server. And you are protected from card fraud anyway. About time you trusted the internet (well a bit anyway)
    quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

no worries next week if NTLs ISDN flatrate turns out to be true

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm flat rate ISDN, I want it, Now.

I am inflatible !

Advertisement