Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeder Drummer Found Dead

Options
  • 09-01-2002 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

The drummer in Welsh rock band Feeder has reportedly committed suicide at his Miami home.

Jon Lee, 33, who formed the band with frontman Grant Nicholls in 1992, hanged himself according to nme.com.

Surviving band members Grant Nicholas and Taka Hirose said they felt devastated. "We will miss him more than melody," they said in a statement.

Widow

The cause of death has not yet been confirmed.

Lee leaves a widow, Brazilian model Tatiana Englehart, who he married at a ceremony in Florida last year.

Feeder recently scored a number five hit with Buck Rogers and reached the top 20 hit with the Just A Day EP. The band also recently toured with the Stereophonics across Europe.

A statement on the band's official website said: "It is with the deepest regret that we must announce the tragic and premature death of Feeder drummer, Jon Lee.

"Our sincere and heartfelt sympathy extends to Jon's family, fellow Feeder members Grant and Taka and all his friends."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

for ages jon lee never was involved in the interviews or anything like that;he always had a cold or summit.

personally i dont believe it;but what reason does mixer have to lie about?

****!there goes another top band.

expect some angsty ****ing music in future from feeder,as opposed to the pop orientated last album.
    crap.he was such a good drummer.
    maybe he didnt like the impendind success/fame;corroborated by his lack of appearances at the interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Gar_ptc
    personally i dont believe it

http://www.nme.com/news/story.htm?ID=100356

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

**** man. thats awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Uphamizer

I'm not really a fan of Feeder but I feel sorry his loved ones.
    anyway could they not just get a new drumer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

there goes another top band.

huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i pretty much contradicted myself;
    i said
    there goes antoher top band;
    i.e. they arent the same band now and they are top and they wont be able to continue on immediately.
    but later on i said how they ll probly right angstier music.
    im just annoyed taht rock groups are getting beaten while pop is renewed like a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

i pretty much contradicted myself;
    i said
    there goes antoher top band;
    i.e. they arent the same band now and they are top and they wont be able to continue on immediately.
    but later on i said how they ll probly right angstier music.
    im just annoyed taht rock groups are getting beaten while pop is renewed like a tree.

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Yeah that was pretty crappy news alright. Although Grant said the band would keep going "thats what he would have wanted"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

its hardly ringo leaving the beatles is it??? in all honesty, who can blame the guy for topping himself. wouldnt u, if u were in feeder?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭The Evil Monkey

hey the guy just died there! now if u don' t like their music fair enough but how would u like it if u died and some-one started to rip the **** out of what u achieved in your life?
    Maybe hes not the greatest guy in the world but respect other people feelings towards him

• Advertisement
Advertisement