Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A refreshing attitude from a teleco for once!

Options
  • 09-01-2002 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd post this up to show you that not all the phone companies are complete ba$tard$. It might also teach Eircom how to go about PR and selling to the public.

A guy comes to my door today from a company called NewTel asking would I be interested in changing my home phone over to them. He tells me about how for €19.95 a month I get 500 free minutes of calls with them. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. After telling me all about this offer I start to tell him the situation I'm in. I say, "Well, to be honest......" and before I go on he says, "Hey, no problem. If you're not interested, that's fine. I'm not going to force you into anything. Thanks for your time anyway." He doesn't say it nastily or sarcastically or anything, just cheerily and honestly. I turn to him and say, "No, hang on. It sounds like a good offer and I would go for it except I don't use the phone much. I use it mainly for the internet." And, refreshingly, he replies, "Well, that's fair enough then. Besides, we generally advise anyone who uses the internet that this package wouldn't really be suitable for them, what with the 1p per minute off-peak rate and all. Anyway, that's no problem. Thanks for your time anyway."

I closed the door thinking to myself that that is how you should approach customers and how Eircom could learn a hell of a lot from this guy with his honesty and lack of strong-arm tactics or slagging off the competition. Eircom, if you're reading this, take note!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

LONG LIVE THE SOFT SELL!!!

........but he didn't actually get you to buy it though.
    He probably isn't working on commission.
    ThIt would be interesting to see a comparison between sales-persons who get high commissions and people with lower sales numbers and whether or not the high commision rate customers stay on for more then 12 months.

Advertisement