Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Card

• 07-09-2000 2:00pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure about those cards - if it says ATI, I'm not inclined to trust it biggrin.gif

Anyway - the best cards around ATM would most likely be the nVidia GeForce 2. I'm pretty sure you could get one with TV Out - not too sure. Where are the vid card people when you need them??? wink.gif

Another good card's the Voodoo 5500 - but it's absolutely massive and you may not be able to fit it into your case!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I had a rage 128 32 mb and it was great for DVD and older games.

ATI aren't top of the line FPS wise etc., but i found it to be a good card all in all.

But i have no idea what the difference is between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

shakel those prices seem slightly dear, check the "For Sale" board.. there may be someone selling a second hand video card which has a tv-out.

imo for DVD/Games + TV-Out your best bet (if your looking for a high spec all round card) would be a geforce 2 mx .. about 160 quid would get you one of those.. brilliant gaming performance and shoul do the job for the dvd's as well.

i havent read any reviews or heard opinions expressed of either of those ati cards you mentioned, but i think the expert 2000 is a 32mb card and although the rage series arent the best at opengl games, in directx it should serve you quite well, even though 90 quid is a bit steep for a second hand (65 quid sterling new on scan.co.uk) model.

oops forgot the link http://www.scan.co.uk/vga.htm theres info available there on all the ati products, might be worth flicking through.

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 07-09-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

No, the ati will be crap for games in general, especially on a k6-2. Best thing would be to get a geforce 1 or 2. Failing that a voodoo 3 2000 will give you good fps.
    I'm selling a geforce ddr on the for sale board if you are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Im running an AMD K2 450 with 64 Mb RAM. Im looking for a video card for playing DVD and gaming. I want a TV out and have been offered a ATI Expert 2000 for £90 and an ATI 128 VR Video Card 16MB for £60. I dont know the differences between them which one is better or could anyone recommend one to suit me.

Advertisement