Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal Of Honour Allied Assault

Options
  • 10-01-2002 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Anyone played this *or rather the demo * of this yet ? , thoughts?

Well I just got it off the new issue of PCZ , for anyone who doesnt want to download it . Amazing game th demo itself is VERY private ryanish some sequences could be ripped right from the film , though thats proabably the Idea. I found the battle with the tiger ....Fun :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I haven't played the demo but i have seen abot 20 minutes of videos of it, seen the scene where you play the d day landings, looks cool but also looks very scripted and looks like you probably wouldnt get hit by a bomb running up the beach, i could be wrong but it just looked like it was scripted to happen all around you will you just strolled up the beach!

which is a minor gripe cos the game looks class, the first one on the psone was brilliant so what mag you say the demo was on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Played the single player yesterday from PCZ...loved it, downloading the Multiplayer one at the moment.

You'll have a tought time trying to beat it on the highest, or even the medium setting. I could not keep my men alive no matter how hard I tried...The best bit by far, was when your assualting the bunkers and the rocket launchers are firing at you in the trenches...the way the dirt launches into the air is just classic.

The AI is pretty good too...better than Wolf's, and so are the voice samples.

I have to get this game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

mp demo is excellent when playing the objective map (the hunt). once youre dead, youre a ghost (same as cs) so you have to be careful. looks like a winner game for mulitplayer. as for sp, if it doesnt have zombies i'll like it :)

only problem is when somone fires a rocket launcher at you head on - you just get thrown on the ground. no gibs or blood at all. realistic my a$$. EA has gone soft and has buckled under pressure from critics demanding bloodless games.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Played through the demo earlier today - great fun. Cant wait for the full game to come out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Definately a classic demo....

Bides well for the full version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

has anyone played the multiplayer on a 56k?? it's not pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    has anyone played the multiplayer on a 56k?? it's not pretty

nothing is pretty on a 56k modem

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

the sticker saying this is a piece of shít 56k modem on the side of mine looks pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Thanks for reminding me why i rarely post reply's to the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Thanks for reminding me why i rarely post reply's to the forums.

they were telling you the truth. almost every game online with a 56k modem sucks a lot. even mediocre games such as Half Life which was released around 10 years ago are crap with a 56k modem.

i would suggest going to one of many lans or internet cafes to enjoy the game fully when playing multiplayer games or get a broadband internet connection.

PA puts the message through nicely

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

Excellent demo, Can’t wait for the full game.
    Here are cheats for the SP demo, just if you want to try the
    MP40 or M1 Garand which are both great.

To enable cheat mode, start the game with the following parameters:

+set ui_console 1 +set cheats 1 +set thereisnomonkey 1

Then, while in the single-player game, press "~" to bring up the console and type any of the codes listed below:

dog - God Mode
    fullheal - Full Health
    wuss - All Weapons & Ammo
    noclip - No Clipping (Go Through Walls)
    notarget - Show Game Version

Advertisement