Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Pub Quiz Game for a big screen

Options
  • 10-01-2002 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I want to hook a PC up to a big screen to run a pub quiz in the style of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".

Hooking the PC up to the projector, etc. isn't the problem- it's what software to use.

That's why I've come to you lot for recommendations.

Nice, huh?

--

G'wan... help me out :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Strangely you can get Pc versions of both Who wants to be a millionaire AND the Weakest Link.

Ah, you probably want a more traditional quiz type question thing. hmm this may be of some use:
    http://www.freequizzes.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Bard, theres a DJ in my local who runs a pub version of WWTBAM on a big screen, ill get his number and give it to you next time i see him.

Its quite good actually, they have PA, Big screen and things like %'s for the ask the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

is that the crowd who do the 1000aire kinda thing ? cant remember the name of them, but im sure theres the word PROMOTIONS in there someplace

they were at THE FIRGROVE in mitchelstown one night, pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, they tie it in with promotions. It was Miller the night i was there, hence the hillarious title : "Who wants to be a MILLERnaire".
    god save us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

amp- I know I can get PC versions of both ... I was looking for recommendations... looking to see if anyone had done it before, - thought the Millionaire game itself (unless its a special pub version, which I didn't know existed), might be awkward to run in a pub...

Anyway, Dustaz - that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for... that'd be excellent if you could get that person in touch... thanks!

Don't forget now, will ya? :)

(and a Miller promotion?... hmmm... we've been meaning to do one of them...!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement