Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy File From Client TO Server

• 05-09-2000 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all

Is there any handy/quick way of coping a text file from the client(Browser) to the server using say client side Java Script or server side vb scripts ... or whatever.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan Woods

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If you're using ASP, there's the Active File upload component... http://www.activefile.com/activefile/

This may help or may not- I'm sorry, but I'm not really very knowledgeable on it...

Bard
    |home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

php will sort it as well.

any cgi thingie.. should be able to handle it.

Gav

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This should of course be in the Webmaster forum buuut...

If you are using ASP (which I suspect you are when you say "serverside vb script") then you can install a COM object called AspUpload which is a nifty little com that allows you to allow the user to upload files to the server with a nice browser dialog.

DeV.

Advertisement