Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

port mapping

• 09-09-2000 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Howdy, just wondering if yee could give me a wee hand with this.

Small lan at home, use **** pc to connect to internet with modem. have wingate running on it. I want to play halflife, so i just map the port. no problem. But, it wants to authenticate with the won servers first.

So i figure that i will map a port to the won server. so here is my question. does anyone know what port and what address the won server runs on ?

i suppose if i get stuck i can boot into linux on one machine, run tcpdump and see what type of connection the game tries to make.. but this is hassle smile.gif

So.. any ideas ?

Cheers,
    Gav

ps
    i realise this is a half life kinda question, but i figure i would get a more knowledgable answer here.

[This message has been edited by Verb (edited 09-09-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Very easy if you jsut look up the won.cfg file in your hl folder think that is the name, it will give you a list of all the won servers east and west and what port

Coyote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

no need i did it for you

// Server Lists
    //
    Titan
    {
    half-life.east.won.net:6003
    half-life.west.won.net:6003
    }

Auth
    {