Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X Info

Options
  • 10-01-2002 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Looking for any info on FFX, that any1 can give me, GOOD sites, lists of new spells, summons, pictures anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

i have some info on FFXI, not X, it's only a bit, but interesting.

The world they will inhabit is called Vana D'iel

You will have a choice of 3 kingdoms to call "Home"

There will be the same choice of characters as the original FF on NES, Fighter, Monk, Thief, Red Mage and White Mage.

Hope this can help you, even though it's about the next FF after the 1 u wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

http://www.ffonline.com
    is pretty decent, read there forums for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's very, very good, the most graphically impressive game I've ever seen, and I'm totally hooked.

How's that? :)

In all seriousness, just google it. There are tons of sites out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Can't wait. Whens it coming out over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Played FFx a while back, yes it is fantastic and whatnot but it does suffer from MGS2 syndrome.... just a tad too many cutscenes that drag on for too long.
    FFX international for the jap machine is touted to be multilingual so i'm waiting for that having played the jap version before the american one i prefered the voice acting of the japanese way more.

• Advertisement

Agreed on the voice acting, although I felt that it wasn't THAT bad in the yank version. Could have been a lot worse like.

Regarding cutscenes - I didn't feel that it had any more of a cutscene-plague than any of the other Final Fantasies. Certainly not MGS2 levels...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

In its defence, the story in FFX is way more involving than the stupidness that was MGS2's story.

But the most important thing i found was that they changed the fight system to make it more enjoyable. I was getting tired with the same old same old in final fantasy's. It is probably a lot easier now due to the fact that the odds are seriously stacked in your favour, what with you having up to 6 characters ready to jump in and out during a fight, and the ability to change weapons and things mid fight.
    But its definetly alot more fun, and without loading times, which is excellent...... hmmm jap version was compatible with the HDD, wonder does that really speed up the loading times, or what exactly is its benefit

Yep, the new battle system rocks. VII aside (it's godly and in a league of its own), IX is probably the FF I've liked the most, but it was very cool to see the old Final Fantasy mechanics completely done away with in FFX, and replaced with something vaguely derivative but better.

Regarding the hard drive - I've played it briefly on a unit with a hard drive unit and not noticed any difference, although the Sony person demoing it was frothing at the mouth about how much faster it was. Er, sorry, nope, I can't quite see that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

A good place to get the low down on FFx is Final Fantasy.net the address is http:/./ffnet.net I find it pretty good for info on all the games in the Final Fantasy series.

De5p0i1eR:)

Advertisement