Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glquakeworld probs

• 10-09-2000 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

The refresh rate seems to be 60hz in glquakeworld, even though I can change it in quake3 or counterstrike. It doesnt seem to match the desktop refresh. Also, I get very bad flickering, which gets worse when I pickup something. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

gl_ztrick 0 might stop flickering, not sure though. And are u playin qw in the same res as u're desktop? or are u using some res like 960x720? cause on my computer only resolutions of 800x600 and 1024x768 can have high refresh rates. hope this helps smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Thanks vincent, I think you might have something with gl_trick 0, I will try it when I get home. After I posted this I was playing quakeworld again, had no problems. Think it is something in my config as I had a 3dfx card before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Check your readme.txt or techinfo.txt, there's a command line arg you need to use to set the refresh rate above 60Hz, but I can't remember what it is :/
    glqwcl.exe -width 800 -bpp 24 -refresh 85
    something like that

[-_+]

Advertisement