Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual C++ Programmer Required For GUI

Options
  • 10-01-2002 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need a Visual C++ GUI expert for a small bit of work.

Initally unpaid but possible future paid work.

GUI to scan pc and look for specific and add file locations to registry.

any takers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Does it have to be C++? Sounds like something you could very quickly with VB using the Win32 api.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Unfortunatley yes.

I'm a vb proggy myself and I could that but I need it in C++.

I have my GUI designed and all my supporting code written but I never really did much Visual C++ so I'm sort of lost.

Maybe someone knows a good resource or crash course in writing C++ GUIs ? I'm using MS VC++ 6.0 SP3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

http://sleepygeek.org/stuff/tysvc.pdf

Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days in PDF format. I think it could be what you're looking for, it teaches the basics of C++/MFC fairly fast. It gets pretty tedious by the end of the first week, most of your time "programming" is copying in stuff for the various elements of the GUI, naming them, setting attributes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

phaxx,

thanks for that

I'm motoring through it
    its fairly neat

Advertisement