Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proposal for broadband

Options
  • 10-01-2002 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

While I was day dreaming at work, I thought of this idea

The government lights up or installs a broadband network possibly using the esb national grid (I know the Esb has a similar idea) then each section is taken over by the county council who will maintain this network who which inturn will offer access to residents of the area for a monthly fee say 20-30 per month, the government could tax the usage of this use with say a 8-10% rate each month to recoup their investment, ok this might seem simplistic but it can easily be done, the government can make a fortune out of it, plus we'll be happy as pigs in sh1te,

what do you think people??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

It's an interesting idea but it has one major flaw, i.e. the county councils in this country haven't hands to wipe their ar$e$ and you want them to maintain a fibre optic network! Sorry, I'm just pissing myself laughing at the thoughts of it!

We'd have a bunch of old farts standing around under ESB pylons drinking tea and smoking fags all day when they should be maintaining the fibre. And then they wouldn't even have a clue what to do with it. "Here, Mick. What the f**k are we supposed to do with this funny fibre-y stuff?" "Jaysus Johnny, don't look at me. Another mug of tae and a stale bikkie, Johnny?" "Ah sure, I may as well if you've got the kettle going."

As I said, it sounds interesting except for the sh**e county councils we have in this country. You think the government's bad with this whole broadband stuff? Leave it to the county councils and we may as well all go back to planting spuds in the fields.

Advertisement