Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dang :(

Options
  • 11-01-2002 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

well, this has be pleased.... 6 weeks ago, I tried to get onto the adsl trial, my exchange was upgraded and I was told I'd be able to get onto the trial if my phone line passed... it failed

So, I asked the lovely people there at I-Stream, 'If I get a new line installed, and it passes the test, can i get onto the trial ?' .... yes yes, no problem, there is no time limit for people getting onto the trial.

3 times juring the 5 week wait I called to make sure that I could get onto the trial, and each time, I was told there was no time limit.

5 and a half weeks after ordering the line, I get the line installed and ring up I-stream and ask them to test the line and to get me onto the trial... 'I'm sorry Mr ***, but we have stopped taking on residential customers for our adsl trial, we have reached our quota'... YOUR WOT ???

Ok, so then I asked, If i go under a business customer, could i get onto the trial then... 'Yes yes, there should be no problem with that.... but your new line is still not on our system, it will take about a week before we can test it.'

Today, I rang up telling them that i wanted to get my line tested, and if it passed, i would go under a business name(the company i work for). 'I'm sorry Mr ***, we've stopped taking people, business or residential onto our Adsl trials' ...

bah :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

stung!
    all that bother for nothing.
    well at least u have a brand new eircom line that they can bill u for..........er, no, doubly stung.....sorry:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Jaysus that is a real kick in de balls. Just what you would expect from Eircom really. Just to make sure everyone. Make sure Eircom !gauruntee! you a place on the ADSL trials before you go installing second lines. If they promise delivery but fail, then you can have your line removed at no extra cost, sonce they have failed you.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Oh and by the way if your first line failed the ADSL test, then surely getting a second one installed will make no difference? I mean the coppr wire from your house to the telco will be the same regardless of wether you get a new line installed?

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

and they still didnt test your line, ring them again and get them to. theres no reason not to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»
    and they still didnt test your line, ring them again and get them to. theres no reason not to

i got the new line tested yesturday, it failed.... ain't it great :( !! I guess ill be waiting till radsl comes in, or NTL get their act together.... or then again, i could move house !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I used to have isdn had it for about 2 years eircom had god knows how much money out of me in that time my bills ranged from £700 down to £200 per bill.After two years of praying for a flatrate service i finaly gave up the ghost and told them to convert me back to anal-og (Having forgoten how bad it was) it only took them 6 months to come and put me back.Since ive been back all over the xmas period i had crackling on the phone and could hardly connect to the net at all (one night 12kbps) last week they came out and fixed it i got 7 days of good line i.e no crackling and speeds on 49.2kbps but suprise suprise their sterling workmanship has packed up again and i can hardly send an e-mail without being dropped.So well done eircon you keep raking in the money for your ****e service while small bussines like myself lose custom.Just remeber we are your customers ignore us at your peril.

Stone

PS Its to late as soon as someone,anyone comes up with an alternative to eircom im taking it.

Advertisement