Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geforce 2 ti compatibility/performance

• 11-01-2002 1:24pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭

SORRY POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Geforce 2 ti.
    Does anyone know if a Geforce 2 ti 64mb ddr oem is compatible with an intel ws440bx mobo.Ive just ordered one from tekheads.co.uk for the miserly sum of £68.00 sterling +vat + delivery which comes to 88.71 sterling.What a deal!!!!1
    Any way some one help me with the above question and also 1 more thing will i notice a difference between this and my ancient tnt2 pro??????THX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Not sure about the mobo issue, but as suggested, if the mobo supports AGP x2 or x4 the card should work without any problems. I'm sure any new motherboard will have AGP x4 anyway.

I've never seen a 32 Meg version of the GF2 Ti. I have a 64 Meg DDR one.

Good to see you notriced it was in the wrong forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the BX chipset should be able to use it spec wise, but there's always the risk of incompatability when the hardware is released after the board was made, if there is problems have a look around for a bios update for it.

there should be a difference compared to the old card. you'll probably find you can turn some more visual options on, but remember frame rate is driven by the CPU not the graphics card (unless the card is at it's limit texture fill rate wise).

his one above is a 64meg one, and it's a good price for it, not so long ago the GTS at that price was a steal, and the MX's are only a little cheaper with less than half that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i know oem boards don't come with all the extra games and stuff but what do they come with? do they at least come with a set up/driver cd or do u usually have to download them?

Any other differences between oem and retail, board wise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Regardless of whether it comes with a driver CD, you'll probably end downloading one of the nVidia referance driver sets anyway, especiallf for a board with no TV out.

The price seems pretty god any way. (Any idea which manufacturer produced the card.)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

the card is a leadtek winfast gf2ti 64mb ddr ram oem.I dont know if it comes with a driver disk but as suggested b4 i will probably d/l a new reference driver and use nvmax to o/c.according to other forums this card should be faster than a gf2 pro(somewhere between pro and ultra.)
    My processor is a p3 600 320 mb ram and everything is running fine except i can see some slow down with some newer games namely avp2 so ill get this card and think about a mobo upgrade in a few months.
    any idea what type of performance increase i see between this and my old tnt2.Will i see more fps or is fps processor limited?
    tHANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement