Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird..

• 17-09-2000 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Running a Geforce 2 gts in Win2k; direct3d apps are freezing and rebooting the machine is the only way to get out. Also sometimes driver settings get lost and it resets to standard vga

^ pain in the ar5e, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

what drivers are you useing? if your useing fasttrax by creative there addons to det drivers and also do not work in 2k smile.gif

det 6.18 are the latest 2k drivers out( 6.26 are out for 98 and will be out soon for 2k) dont use creative normil drivers as there sh!t

also do you have a beta of dx8 installed? these can some times fup up (nothing to do with a ge-force) also make sure you have got all you dx settings set up for agp ect....
    in the dxdiag app

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Make sure nothing is sharing an IRQ with your AGP slot.
    Try fiddling with your AGP aparture size in the BIOS (Though this is unlikely the culprit).
    Set the system to VGA, Go in in safe mode and see if there is more than just the one vid card listed in Device manager. If so, remove everything bar the one VGA adapter.
    Reboot and reinstall the Vid drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Yeah I'm using 6.18, didnt even install the creative ones smile.gif

I am using a beta of Dx8 but I dont think thats the culprit since it was freezing before I installed the direct x beta :/

Although, d3d apps werent crashing in 98se.

Advertisement