Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 2002 or Pro Evolution Soccer??

Options
  • 11-01-2002 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

i want to get one, but i'm not sure which!
    vote in the pole and then give your reasons please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

damn i couldn't add the poll :(
    anyway, just tell me what you think and why!

ISS Pro Evolution is overall a better game to play. It out performs fifa in every way. ISS is a safe bet and im sure people would be inclined to agree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Pro Evolution Soccer is much better than FIFA, graphically it's not as good, but play PES for ten minutes and you'll be convinced. Gameplay = 1,000,000 times better than FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm convinced, now where's my visa card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Fifa = ****e

Evolution = Godly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What poll?

... and I always found FIFA more fun to play than the other footy games... and at the end of the day... isn't having fun the point? ... or am I missing something...?

Shift FIFA 2002 right up to "World Class" level and see how easy you find it then to score stunning goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I'm impressed withy pro evolution too.

My nephew has fifa, so i have compared them.

Pro evolution is st fairly realistically, so that you wont play like a world champoin the first time you play, nor will you score loads of spectacular goals (at first).

But the skill and game play is very subtle, and as you improve you will see the difference. Makes you want to come back to the game more often.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Pro Evolution Soccer is the daddy

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Pro Evolution Soccer is brillant.
    MUCH better than Fifa, in fifa you just have to run into the men to get the foot ball off them :/

In pro ev you have to tackle, more skill is required, that is the thing which I like about it, you have to get better at the game to win.
    I take it you're tlaking about the PS2 that you're thinking about getting it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

yeah its for the ps2

i've played both games and i'm still not sure.
    i'm used to the fifa game play and the graphics are excellent
    the graphics on PES are nowhere near fifa2002 standard but i'm starting to like the gameplay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

FiFa sucks donkey co<k in comparison to the beautiful game that is pro evolution soccer.....

btw its a shame they dont bring back Olympic soccer for PS2, that game was class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Pro Evolution Soccer - in terms of 'playing soccer' its the best by a mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

I have Pro Evolution and Fifa 2002. I have to say Fifa 2002 is absoloute ****e compared to Pro Evo, I regret buying it.

I love everything about Pro Evolution, apart from Terry Butcher. For me, it's the best game I've got for the Playstation 2 and that puts it ahead of GTA 3, Smackdown 2 and Agent Under Fire.

It's the Football Game for the Football Fan, I've been playing ISS games since the first one, they've all been outstanding and this is in a class of it's own.

No, I don't work for Konami.

Pro evolution is the best,Fifa is actually not too bad,only it takes time to get into.I myself have a soft spot for this is football 2001 ,reason why is because it has more club teams an leagues then pro ev .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Question: how does one unlock the Classic Allstars teams in pro evolution soccer? i want to get Cryuff/Pele/Maradona for my Master League team

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Am I the only one who can't get through a single Pro Evo match without getting at least 2 red and 5 yellow cards? Discipline is gay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Fifa 2002 has really improved since the last one game play wise but I still think PES is far far better.

Advertisement