Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

128k ISDN

• 15-09-2000 11:39am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ive recently got isdn but cant seem to connect at 128k, it always connects at 64k even when i try the multilink option. Ive tried most isps except Eircom Subscription which i dont have. Buy and Sell offer me by far the best pings, i was wondering has anyone got 128k from Buy and sell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

afaik Eircom is the onlu ISP that offers 128k connects,but i could be wrong.
    When i looked into getting ISDN, i asked esat and indigo if they could offer full isdn access and they couldnt. Could have changed by now tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Oceanfree offer 128k ISDN
    And they use stac compression which is also nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

how do you get it up and running on oceanfree ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

For a start, don't use their software biggrin.gif
    Make a connection and go from there. Simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Eh, this gets posted all the time ... maybe it's time for a boards FAQ.
    Actually, it's not time for a Boards FAQ, because I didn't find the answer here, and neither did anybody else who posted.

Basically, to connect at 128k, you need to be doing two things:
    1. You need to have a commercial-grade account with Eircom or the like, not a home user, or be dialling into a free ISP like Eircom.net or Oceanfree.net. Why? Because the commercial grade accounts allow you to have more than one channel open with their radius box, and with the free ISPs, there is no authentication, so you can open as many channels as you like.
    2. You need to have multilinkPPP (may be called something else, depending on brand of TA) enabled on your terminal adapter, and you may need to set a threshold over which the second channel is dialled.

Set up those two, set the threshold really low for test purposes, and dial in. Surf away, or try and listen to shoutcast, and the second line should kick in as soon as you hit the right data rate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Buyandsell give me 128k, and very decent download speeds and pings too. Infact the first time I connected to buyandsell it connected at 128k, I had to put it back to 64k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

anyone know of the location of the buy and sell software to set up a account ??? cant find it on the web ? or dose anyone know the phone number for the 0506 area ???

Advertisement