Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN - hanging connections...

Options
  • 12-01-2002 3:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

For some odd reason, all but two of my ISDN connections have crapped out all of a sudden. I normally flick between them pretty much at random, but I've been using UTVi for a while, and when it got crappy again this week, I started trying to try my other connections. And none of 'em work! (Well, BuyandSell.net does, but that's the same as bloody UTVi.)

When I try and dial Oceanfree, Unison or Eircom, the dialog box flickers a few times, and then sticks on "Opening port..." If I try and set up new connections, again, it flickers, but then I get "Error 651: Your modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error." Searcing the MSKB reveals nothing relevant, and Google isn't helping me either.

Anybody ever have this before? Help?

Oh, it's an AVM Fritz (irony, eh?) PCI card on Win2K.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Could be a problem in the exchange. Have you tried using the analogue lines? (I presume it's "hi-speed")

I had a problem with mine a while ago and it ended up it was a fault in the exchange. (Both lights were on on the box.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

just a thought but you may have CMS activated on your line and this will effect the line ????? So if someone calls on the line it will boot you off as the line wants to take the call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

In a magnificent display of irony, I was cut off. And with true Eircom incompetence, I was still able to dial 1890 numbers, which were of course the numbers I dialled most often. Thanks anyway folks.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

check that OEMCFOS is running in the background....
    and make sure that you have the right drivers installed......some isp's need specially patched drivers to work.....(UK ISPS)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

See my last post SearrarD.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement