Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It has been suggested b 4... now ye lot think about it ..

Options
  • 12-01-2002 5:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Its time to make a stance.... show people in Eircon what we are made of and stop spouting sh i te! If my following suggestion gets posted to the Dustin / Recycle Bin or whatever then so be it!

Consider this as a challange to everyone that supports IOFFL. Just what are ye all willing to do to acheive your target ? Eircom have a monoply only becaouse "WE" support them. Think about it.!! If 500 - 600 people per week were to ask Eircom to remove their Eircom line from their house / buisness what would happen ? Someone in Eircome would take notice. But exactly how many people here would be willing to do that ? Ye all seen what happened with the ADSL trials in Dublin.... Many people have taken out a second line and were told what ? It Failed.... your too late for the trials ? So here is the challange. Just how many of ye would be willing to give up their phone lines and and fight ?

I honstly dont think there would be many peope willing to do just that. But this is the sorth of thing that is needed to bring Eircom to to its knees!. Monoply ? what is it without people that support it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good. Thats settled then. Moving on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Manic
    If my following suggestion gets posted to the Dustin / Recycle Bin or whatever then so be it!

Fame at last?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yes, as you say, it's been suggested before.

Yes, it was the main thrust of the BlackOut - giving up using the Internet and/or telephone for a day or a weekend. It wasn't likely then that we'd have hit eircom hard in the pocket and it certainly isn't now.

Proposing that hundreds of us boycott eircom for a week is unrealistic and impractical. It's a nice idea, but unworkable unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[DELETED]

Yeah- 'Manic', why don't you go ahead and demonstrate your idea to us all? :D

--

Ahem... as you said, Adam - there I go misreading a post again. /me grumbles and goes back to chilling out to Pink Floyd.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've just removed that suggestion which was sarcastic and did not add to the debate.

Huh?

Originally posted by dahamsta

Huh?

I think you called 'Manic' Mike... SkepticOne might have thought you were talking to him.

Anyway... boy has THIS gone off topic :)

[CLOSED]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement