Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc to TV

• 12-01-2002 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I have an TV-out port on my video card which is a Gefore2MX 32mb. I just have a few questions. :)

What type of cable do I need to hook it up to my tv?

Is there a limit on the length of cable I use?

Does the picture still appear on the pc monitor while on the tv?

Can I leave the cable plugged in all the time and send the signal to the tv as I please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

I don't have a graphics card with tv out but I do have an mpeg card which I presume works the same for tv out

I use an svhs connection from my tv and also into the tv I think this gives the best quality ,but you need to also get connections for sound either to the tv or a stereo, or get a scart that will take them all.....all available in petes if your in the Dublin area

The cable I use is about 10mts with no loss of quality.

I don't think you can view on tv and monitor at the same time ,open to correction on this ,it may depend on the software you have

Macker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

its the scart cable with the 3 connectors on one end ant the single on the other, right?

"its the scart cable with the 3 connectors on one end ant the single on the other, right?"

Don't know if you're refering to my post Boston but.....

I have a scart plug with will take svhs ,stereo sound and video which I use for my camcorder (yellow) there is also 2 types of svhs ,1 with 4 pins and 1 with 7 pins which will allow you to from pc to vhs tape ,the second one cost me 10 bucks plus 15 bucks delivery ,kind of worth it if you want to go from vcd or mpeg to vhs

Macker

hmm, that cable wont work on the geforces tv out.

if i had ia scanner i could post a picture of the cables your need to join together

gainwardend.jpg

gainwardcontent.jpg

what i wont to connect to the tv/vcr is my mpeg/dvd decoder card

• Advertisement

Try this
    http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/hollywood_plus_cables_accessories.htm

S-Video to (RCA) Composite Converter Cable for Hollywood Plus

Half way down the page

Macker

Advertisement