Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming Project? Sidewinder for non-games app's...

Options
  • 12-01-2002 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the thing...

I'd like to get (or write) an application that would assign buttons and directions on the MS Sidewinder joypad to keystrokes in non-games apps... for example... I could then use the joypad to skip chapters, go to menus, fast-forward/rewind, etc. in PowerDVD or to skip through playlists, etc. in WinAmp.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nice idea imo. Just for those ppl afraid of the k/b :p. I't probably be handy if you were in bed or sumthing, just have the joystick on your lap. I wouldn't be a big fan of it myself, but I do like mouse gestures in opera so....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

anyone know if theres some sort of SDK for the Sidewinder?... a way of making use of the functions for your own (Delphi or VB) app's, for example?

I'd still like to do the above (particularly the PowerDVD idea)...

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I bought an MS Sidewinder pad about a year back. At the time the installer came with various sidewinder ocx's, which allowed me to write similar apps through VB. I'll have a poke about my HD when I get home, and if I have them I'll upload em.

At the time, these OCX's, and 'hacked' versions were available on the net. The 'hacked' ones, were almost identical, only adding support for multiple controllers (for like if you had one of those gameport PCI cards, or port splitters).

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Couldn't find the VB proggie, but I've got the driver CD here, so if you can't find the OCX's on your disc you can find me on Quakenet (Mixie) and ill send em to ya.

Advertisement