Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irc.boards.ie

• 12-01-2002 2:35pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

we're hoping to host our own IRC server soon after the move.
    back to the old days of running an Irish IRC node... woot.
    Just thought I'd mention it...

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is it going to be linked to an existing network?

(go on, you know you love quakenet)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Quakenet aren't accepting any more connections off people, unless they strictly know the people..which I'd say they know the boards admins, but just on the server now.. quite empty, join more poeple! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

:)

Is there intentions of getting it to the same ircd as quakenet and having it linked ?

Need help getting it linked ? Let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

we must all learn to ph33r the ircop's again ;-)

• Advertisement

Now im fvcking mad.

I go onto that server and the fvcking dickhead whos running the server tells me to change my nick and then kicks me/disconnects me. Its okay to have a 12year old as an irc oper who doesnt have a clue?

IF this is the way this irc server is going to be run, I'll never use it. In fact, I think i'll probably have fun with it if u get my meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE x100 get it linked to quakenet, otherwise well all have to run 2 mIrc's to be on it:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sorry, this is all way to leet for my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Dustaz
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE x100 get it linked to quakenet, otherwise well all have to run 2 mIrc's to be on it:/

But seeing as most of the ppl would migrate to the boards server would we not just set up the same channels on the boards server? Pretty much everyone on fortress has a boards.ie a/c :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by seamus

But seeing as most of the ppl would migrate to the boards server would we not just set up the same channels on the boards server?

most ppl i know would not migrate to the boards server at all. Quakenet was originally for gamers, and we idle on quakenet for a reason, i.e, we have clans there, and we play our games vs other clans on quakenet and the league channels are there etc.

for this reason most ppl will HAVE to idle on quakenet, opening up a second mirc for boards.ie would just mean less ppl idling in boards network

• Advertisement

yep, i have no intention of leaving quakenet :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Erm, I know mIRC sucks with great gusto, but I'd have thought it supports connecting to more than one server in one session, no?

no :/

Altho i think ive seen an addon that supports multiple connections, but i wouldnt trust that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Not leaving Qnet... need to speak with other clans from the UK etc.
    I'd have no problems with using irc.boards.ie if it were linked to quakenet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I'm in the same boat as santa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

em I wish to profess my undying love of boards.ie and say that I would happily open two mirc's but I'd rather not, so if you can do anything about it please do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Link it to irc.indigo.ie - g'wan we need a fresh batch of muppets to compete with all those #fortress.ie tossers, loads of young children for Shinji to act cool for.

:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

MP, calm down...

1. my original post suggested we were GOING to set one up...
    Its not up yet.

2. We DID set up irc.boards.ie 3 years ago and pointed it at some scottish thing. No-one used it. You connected to that!

3. I had completely forgotten about it.... as it is, the new server isnt even installed afaik, Cloud and Regi are planning it, I'm just playing communications-boy...

4. When its up we most likely will talk to the lads in Quakenet and get it linked in there.

5. Sorry you got confused... not half as confused as your post made me! :)

DeV.

knee jerk reaction.

I got all excited when you announced the irc server and forgot myself. You know me, Im all calmed down after the count to 100 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Why dont you just use bersirc?(www.bersirc.com)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hehe! I think connecting back to qnet is a good idea, I'll help out there too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

No-one ever seems to stay on the server :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yay, go on the Quakenet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Cloud
    Hehe! I think connecting back to qnet is a good idea, I'll help out there too.
    Is #boards.ie set up on qnet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep
    up and running for months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

can u make it possible so people behind proxies / firewalls will be able to access the server somehow or is this beyond the combined programming abilities?

Slydice, You can use the Javachat thing on the main index (www.boards.ie/vbulletin) to get to IRC from behind a firewall. Either that or get a http tunneling piece of software (tho this can be a bit of a black art to set up - theres a few threads on the tech board about it).

I dont think theres much they can do server side to help. Unless its possible to set up port 80 or 8080 to recieve irc connections (i assume they are being used for the boards themselves tho?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by bubbles
    Link it to irc.indigo.ie...
    You are teh funneh bubbs:D

I'm all for linking to quakenet also..but what exactly is that server its connecting to at the moment?

I'm behind a Firewall and I can't get http tunneling or the javachat to work. Theres allways CGI:IRC but it blows goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

anyone know anything about http tunneling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by Slydice
    can u make it possible so people behind proxies / firewalls will be able to access the server somehow or is this beyond the combined programming abilities?

So its too much hassle for you to connect to the bouncer now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    knee jerk reaction.

I got all excited when you announced the irc server and forgot myself. You know me, Im all calmed down after the count to 100 :)

you know what MP is like when he gets hot under the collar.
    its more an elbow jerk reaction from what ive seen. great right hook there eric :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by Gerry

So its too much hassle for you to connect to the bouncer now?

Be nice for the less technically minded (edit behind proxies /edit) to have a means of access whereby all you have to do is click on chat,

Advertisement