Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Tuners

• 12-01-2002 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

I currently have a WinTV PCI which is fine but the picture quality isn't the best especially when viewing in full screen mode. I'm thinking of getting a Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500DV. I'm just wondering will the picture quality of the Radeon Tuner be any better than that of the WinTV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Ehh, I have a WinTV and it gives excellent quality in full screen mode at 1600x1200. What operating system and drivers are you using?

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i cant help but what is the difference between the WinTV Primio FM and the WinTV FM pci?

Mono TV audio....

I have the Theater myself, but that shouldn't affect picture quality, as it was the same when I had the PCI Nicam one.

Of course a bad signal if you're still looking at analogue tv will give a bad picture; I have 2 digiboxes connected up to mine.

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

WinXP Pro
    Latest Drivers and WinTV2000 software
    GeForce 2 Ultra with latest drivers

Picture is crystal clear when hooked up to a TV but through the WinTV its not as good(Far from crystal clear anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

AFAIK image quality of TV signals are never as good on PC as on TV, not because the image on a TV is better but because it's worse. TV images are blurred and terrible quality if you get close, and when you watch that on a crystal clear PC monitor all the imperfections are amplified, making it look worse.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Are you using the WDM drivers, and have DISABLED the De-interlacing?

Brendan

I'm not sure if they're WDM drivers or not(how do I check?) but they're the latest drivers.

Are they from http://www.hauppauge.com/xp/software/xp_wintvpci.htm ?

If so, disable de interlacing. If not, get those, install, and disable de interlacing.

They're from that link and be it with deinterlacing on or off the picture quality is no where near that of a proper TV.
    Am I expecting too much in looking for similar picture quality from this card or any TV Tuner PC card?

Advertisement