Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a puter

• 12-01-2002 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

OK folks I ain't done this before so I'd like to give it a go,

my brother in law who is a bit strapped for cash wants to get a box for his kids so I was thinking I might have a go at building one for him,

I already have a ,
    cdrom,
    sound card,
    floppy drive,
    keyboard,
    mouse,

Now what I'm wondering is can I pick up the rest fairly cheap,secondhand ,I don't want to go the ebid route cause you bid for something ,wait a week and then you're outbid and it starts all over.

Not looking for anything fancy just something the kids can play around with ,Plll any speed,10G HDD or there abouts ,128 ram,maybe 8MB graphics and anything else you can think of

TIA

Macker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Erm you'll need a case for that lot to fit into , I suggest http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=539&type=5&path=14x122 6016 series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

often the scourge of us all

The BUY AND SELL ?? dont laugh, I got a good few deals, on occasion.

if your in cork, you can haggle with the guys at CASH CONVERTERS on McCurtain Street [i think].

in college ? post on bulletin board

and of course the links at this sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Erm you'll need a case for that lot to fit into , I suggest
    http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db...e=5&path=14x122 6016 series

Thanks but I was hoping to pick that up second hand....I know it sounds mean but I was also curious how cheap I could make ,kind of a challange
    and of course the links at this sticky

was checking them out ...thanks

Macker

PS
    hope I have the quotes thing right

Advertisement