Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hp 610C

• 12-01-2002 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

for some reason my printer has stopped working

wat happens : go to print, from any software. dumps to memory, all goes well. then error :

COMMUNICATION ERROR : Try Again / Cancel [blach blach]

its not the cable, works fine
    its not the software, got latest drivers [even tried old ones]

it happened round the time i installed a new ink cartridge, but that seems to sitting fine

its not the computer, as i tried same setup on my laptop, same results

dont think changing EPP to ECP [or watever] would do negood, will try it when ive time anyhow.

any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

HPs new Ink Cartridges are causing ajor upsets for me. Ive seen about half a dozen printers so far having trouble with them but you do get the the flashing cartridge light for these.

The solution is to move the position of the cartridge lsightly and try again, as well as cleaning all the contacts.

I don't know would this be the reason your printers acting the bollox. I'd disconnect the printer , uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer. Switch it off, connect the printer to the computer, swicth on the printer, switch on the computer and see does it detect a printer on startup, if it does it may not be a communication error.

What OS are you running ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

*cough* win ME *cough*

your info on the ink cartridges is very interesting, ill try that next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Ah WinME , I've said this many times on these boards...

I have encountered numerous problems with winME and printer drivers, like the ones you are getting.

Communication problems with printers and such, try the cartridge fiddling though.

Advertisement