Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 dumbest moments in e-commerce history

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

they forgot mark beggs(ex md of indigo) on the tv advertising the indigo store..
    beggs.jpg
    Boo's definitely a story, but it's one of many," said Indigo.ie general manager Mark Beggs
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

/me awaits a rant from jmcc which will include the jmcc keywords "nua" "gerry mcgovern" "rondomondo" "doras"

:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

very astute pre-observation there marcus ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

jmcc is actually a bot that is designed to output the current rant of the week to various websites and mailing lists with minor subtle alterations while plugging his own websites.

It's a pretty clever little piece of programming actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Ah I see. Does it work on keywords ?

gerry macgovern, nua, rondomondo, techcentral, doras, eircom, sky

:D:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

Yes, but you left out crypto, odtr and iedr. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by jd
    they forgot mark beggs(ex md of indigo) on the tv advertising the indigo store.Boo's definitely a story, but it's one of many," said Indigo.ie general manager Mark Beggs

Hehe - where is indigo now? ;)

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That last post can't be jmcc, it's far too short. I reckon Boston took over his account.

heh

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by dahamsta
    That last post can't be jmcc, it's far too short. I reckon Boston took over his account.

Nah it *was* me. I was just busy messing with 1G of dmoz.org ODP directory data for Irish websites and working on anti-spam filters for some mailservers. It seems that Indigo has been eaten by Eircom and Beggs is in some advertising agency. Ebeon and Nua are no longer thought leaders and Web Ireland is nowhere to be found. And one reassuring constant: Doras is still sh1te. Would you believe that they delisted HackWatch after what I wrote about them? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nah it *was* me. I was just busy messing with 1G of dmoz.org ODP directory data for Irish websites and working on anti-spam filters for some mailservers.

See:- it can't be jmcc! There was a perfect opportunity to slip "whoisireland" into that post and he didn't! :)

Doras is still sh1te. Would you believe that they delisted HackWatch after what I wrote about them?

Shame shame! :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

we way have known that but then again no one ever searches doras

Advertisement