Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2k and Athlons....

• 22-09-2000 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

Seem to remember someone having problems with this config?..

Windows 2000 Athlon AGP Reg Patch
    Microsoft has issued a fix for lockup problems associated with G400 and GeForce cards on AMD motherboards running Windows 2000. AMD has issued a patch to cure this problem. Thanks to Chris Tom of AMD Zone for the link http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon-duron/amd_win2k_patch.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

doh!

That was me smile.gif

As a follow on to this, I did a little exploring and came upon this:

oops.gif

No resource conflicts are listed anywhere, and those other devices are working fine. Most puzzling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

There's a fix in the online Geforce FAQ for getting all devices off the same IRQ in Win2k. (Dont have a link but Voodooextreme.com had one up 2/3 days ago). It involves disabling ACPI support. Can't remember the exact details though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

that means nothing, in win2k there is no conflicts. i am still having probs with halflife cs in win2k but thats not because of the ge-force or the athlon......i think its the mother board (giga-byte 7ix)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

There may not be a conflict to a point where any device simply refuses to function, but you should never share IRQ's unless you really need to.
    You're playing a game, with maybe a USB mouse, your soundcard and your graphics card all trying to get the CPU's attention on the same channel....Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Thanks for that link, everything seems ok now smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement