Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Host Storage

Options
  • 13-01-2002 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

For my Computing CW...i need to know how the Host of websites stores them...is it like on a server or on a hardrive...? please give me all you can

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Apollo

oops wrong forum again lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Not anymore, moved .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by Apollo
    For my Computing CW...i need to know how the Host of websites stores them...is it like on a server or on a hardrive...? please give me all you can

Thanks

i think you need to make more sense
    a website is stored on a harddrive in a server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bob [Pixel26]

1. Hosts use SCSI, not IDE hard drives. (SCSI = Faster).

2. There are two main types of hosting, shared and dedicated. Shared hosting means upto 300 websites are stored on one PC and if you sign up for shared hosting, your website will be just one of those many websites all sharing that computers resources. Dedicated means that there is one website on one PC using one PCs resources -- however dedicated hosting is a LOT more expensive.

There are thousands of other subtle differences between your PC and a web server, but the main ones are listed above pertaining to actual storage of data are above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Cheers Bob, welcome to the boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bob [Pixel26]

No problem, thanks for the welcome.

Advertisement