Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phones

• 19-09-2000 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

I dont know if any of you know much about mobile phones but if you do I could sure do with the help.

I recently got an Ericsson T 10 Speakeasy and I wish to put an Eircell SIM card into it. I cant, I need the NSCK (Network Subset Control Key), Ive found out how to put this in but I cannot find the code.

You can put Esat SIM cards into Eircell phones if you like so I dont think its fair for Esat to do this

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by shakel:
    I recently got an Ericsson T 10 Speakeasy and I wish to put an Eircell SIM card into it. I cant, I need the NSCK (Network Subset Control Key), Ive found out how to put this in but I cannot find the code.

You can put Esat SIM cards into Eircell phones if you like so I dont think its fair for Esat to do this
    You're buggered I'm afraid. The story (as I have been told it) is that SpeakEasy and ReadyToGo phones are locked to either Esat or Eircells network - yes *both* do it. I wouldn't say you would have much luck wrangling that code out of them.

So the moral of the story is, if you want a new phone on the cheap, make sure you get the one sold by the same company.

Draco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Hah, surprised it took them so long smile.gif

UK providers have been doing it for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Maybe Eircell lock their phones for Ready to Go but they dont on a bill phone.

All I need is the code, there has to be someway of getting it.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Maybe Eircell lock their phones for Ready to Go but they dont on a bill phone.
    Which is the point I made above...

All I need is the code, there has to be someway of getting it.
    Know some one in Esat and Eircell? That's the only way. They're not gojng to give it out to you over the phone.

Draco

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Emm AFAIK there are master codes for most phones to unlock them for any provider, my mate just got them off the net for his seimens eircell ready to go phone, moved over to Spain and stuck a Spanish SIM in.

Blade

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Blade:
    there are master codes for most phones to unlock them for any provider,

Thats what I thought too but I've been searching and I cant find them, I'm pretty sure they are out there though

[This message has been edited by shakel (edited 19-09-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

The truth indeed is out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JayZuZ

Howeeya

You might find what you're lookin for here... http://mobile.box.sk

JayZuZ

[This message has been edited by JayZuZ (edited 20-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JayZuZ (edited 20-09-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xtc

According to esat, if i want to change to eircell, i must have had topped my account up to £100, then i have to write to them requesting the code. It is in the back of the manual.
    Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I dont know if i should post this so i'll leave it up to the admins to edit as they see fit wink.gif

Here's the info u require.....

#pw+(mastercode)+(Y)# SimLock checks:

#pw+1234567890+1# gives Provider-Lock status

#pw+1234567890+2# gives Network-Lock status

#pw+1234567890+3# gives Provider(???)-Lock status

#pw+1234567890+4# gives SimCard-Lock status

u get "+" by pressing "*" twice, "p" by pressing it 3 times and "w" by pressing it 4 times

Taken from here

I'm a MOG, half man half dog I'm my own best friend.

[This message has been edited by Q_Ball (edited 23-09-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xtc

Those codes are for nokia phones. And all they do is tell u the lock status. To unlock a nokia phone you have to connect it up to the pc and use the right software.

Still cant find those damn codes!!!

Advertisement