Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking GeForce 3 Ti

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b4k4^2

What's wrong with the standard reg hack? Damn sight easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

right.
    The reg hack lets you raise the speed of the core and the memory, like many other programs will. Thats the software end of it.

What xbit-labs are detailing is how to raise the voltage to the core and memory, so you will be able to clock the card higher. At higher voltages, transistors are able to switch faster.

They obviously weren't satisified with the speed increases they got before increasing the voltage. Increasing the voltage let them increase the core speed a further 10mhz, and 20mhz for the memory. I presume you did read the article before posting yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: x-bitlabs rock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

yeah pity it only really yielded valid performance increases for the ti200 :(

Advertisement