Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The boards.ie/ctyi Quiz

Options
  • 13-01-2002 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

OK, this was supposedly a quiz, but is now a discworld rant. If anyone is interested in a ctyi quiz, then by all means, mail them to me.

--
    "Wsfgl"- Sybil Ramkin
    Now there's nothing there for Adam to nitpick.
    --
    ph34r my l337 n3kk1d 5k1ll2!
    www.megatokyo.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

What, like post CTYI-related questions that people have to answer?

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

What is this CTYI thing anyway??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

would doing this not tempt our dictat....i mean,moderator,adam(who is so lovely and not at all acting like a bitter old man at the moment) to close the thread??i don't think using the word "irrelevant" was a very good idea,hubert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

oh! not meaning to deteriorate tooooo quickly, but discworld? no one in like my entire state has ever heard of it! i am currently reading guards! guards! please tell me this is the same phenomenon i am thinking of! wheee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Oh come on, im not bitter, old, or a ma... umm... well, i have no problems with irrelevance (if i did i would become existentially uncertain, and exist only in potentia). It's just particular irrelevance which bothers me that i delete/lock/whatever.

Post some interesting/amusing questions and this could be a reasonable thread.

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

Sorry abaht that, I thought it was a quiz about CTYI, therefore a question about CTYI 2001 was bound to turn up. But obviously my question was in bad taste and I apoligize completely. Nuff said.

-Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i have taken this down voluntarily Fio.

See, i'm kind, and being nice to him, even though i had to put up with him.

and after the amount of crap i got from people over the post about cormac, its smarter to get rid of it now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

DISCWORLD!!!!!!! is good.

Although the last few books sucked monkeys. BUT The Last Hero looks GREAT which is why I'll be getting it sometime. In the future. Or something.

Personal favourite character: Rincewind. He's a coward. Gotta love him.
    Favourite member of the guard: Constable Smite-The-Unbelievers-With-Pamphlets.
    Favourite book: Small Gods / Reaver Man / Interesting Times.

GOOD OMENS is being directed by TERRY GILLIAM! I may have already told you all this but... YES!!!!

So... my question: What other good fantasy series do you peoples read? And just HOW cliché is Terry Brooks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Although the last few books sucked monkeys.
    They're all great, without exception.
    Favourite member of the guard: Constable Smite-The-Unbelievers-With-Pamphlets.
    Hate to be nitpicking here, but... he's not in the guard. He just goes around with Constable Visit-the-ungodly-with-explanatory-pamphlets on his days off.
    Favourite book: Small Gods / Reaver Man / Interesting Times.
    Interesting. I think that both Small Gods and Interesting Times were good, but by no means his best. I have to admit I prefer the later books. As for Reaper Man, i thought it was one of the weakest of the series. My favourites would probably be Men at Arms, Soul Music and Hogfather.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Could Adam please remove the stufdf about Ronan (Plastic Man), i have given out about making fun of absent people before and i so i have to about this too. Come on lads, be nice.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i agree - apart from just the meanness it is a reallllly old bad joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

i do love hogfather.....death is so cool.....and the death of rats

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

and what about Mort??
    I loved the thought of Death goin' fly fishing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

yeah, i really liked death going fly fishing, and being a chef. verrrrry snazzy.

Advertisement