Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Internet (prolly wrong board)

• 22-09-2000 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Well here is what I want to know...
    I want to know where there is a good online tutorial for using ftp & telnet.
    What I also want to know is, is it possible to view a website, from its home page directory as a directory of downloadable files?
    i.e. in my college we have a college websites, where there is a part of the site which has a few of the course syllabi. However during the summer someone redesigned the website and now I can't find it the old way, so I think the best thing to do would be to view the directories as it would more than likely be logically found. If you don't understand what I'm asking, I apologise for my english and I will try to clear it up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

teleport pro will allow you to download an entire webpage (dead handy for tutorials spread over a few hundred pages etc.).
    to just browse the directorys.. use getrights browser, if the website has directory viewing enabled (sometimes the server may not allow directory listings) then you should be able to find what your looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

That all sounds very well but is there any chance of a few links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

lol - b@stard biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Go Google Go :-)

Advertisement